| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Aussie Country
Geoff Cole

Marrara N.T. Australia
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2002 10:08 pm    

I am very pleased and very proud of the exceptional tallent in Australian country music these days.
Apart from the Ferral Swing Katz, who toured the states recently, there is Kasy Chambers, Adam Harvey, Sara Storer,Adam Brand,Lee Kernaghan, and the list goes on. The remarkable thing about it is they are all young and sing traditional country all be it with an Australian style.
If any one gets a chance click on to this page abc.net.au/snc and have a listen I'd be really interested in your comments.
Thanks. Geoff.
bill ramsey

danville va
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2002 1:10 am    

look up paul mccloud. he is one of the best u have in australia,[my opinion]. most of your people that i have talked to from over there havent heard of him.
he is as good as slim dusty, if not better,
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2002 7:59 am    

I still can't get over Felicity.
Tony Davis

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2002 5:18 am    

Well for once Geoff you have made a bit of sense!!!!!!!........I went backstage a couple of weeks ago and spent sometime with Michel Vidal.....Bass out of Feral Swing Cats...with Clare O'Meare...fiddle,penny whistle..accordian and jazz keyboards from the cats.......what nice people....
I dont know too many of the big names.......but I do know alot of the musicians.....and they can hold there own with any one......there a lot of them......but one of my favourites is Peter Tunin....lead guitar......and he really smokes.....if you want to hear him...he is on Warren Neilsens CD.....he always plays in the back up band for the Australian Convention.......likes a few jokes too...that is why we get on so well !!!
Tony
Jason Odd

Stawell, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2002 3:37 pm    

Let's not forget Kasey Chamber's dad Bill has a new CD, Sherry Rich (who is part of a new Cd, the Rich Family Album which is in part a tribute to her mother's influence as a country singer on Sherry and her brother www.sherryrich.com ), retro honky tonker Red Rivers, alt. country acts like Problem Pony, The Rectifiers and Friendly Injun (and their 1990s predecessors Love Me and Acuff's Rose), plus if you're ever in Melbourne you'll find a mix of Western-Bop, Rockabilly, Blues, Cajun, steel guitar blues, Zydeco, Psycho-billy, folk and country acts live in a pretty rootsy city.

Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2002 9:36 pm    

I've got an exceptionally FINE cassette of steel players from down your way. The name of the album escapes me at the moment, dratt!
There were 6 or 7 steel guitarists on that album and all were great performances.