| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Beatles/Fab Four
Rick Collins

Claremont , CA USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2002 8:21 am    

No steel guitar, but if you liked the Beatles, I just saw a great show at the Las Vegas Hilton. A young group from England, The Fab Four do a great tribute to the Beatles. They are every bit as good as the real thing.

They are introduced by a comedian impersonating Ed Sullivan and perform the songs of the Beatles from their first arrival in the U.S. up through their last recording together.

Great show if you get the opportunity.

Rick
Tom Olson

Spokane, WA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2002 8:41 am    

Sounds like fun. I remember seeing one of the first Beatle-tribute bands back in the late 70's(I think) at a big shopping mall. I'm trying to remember the name of them -- seems like it was "Beatlemania" or something like that, but I'm not sure. I do remember that they sounded just like the recordings and played primarily early stuff.
Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2002 12:16 pm    

Around 1975 I saw a Broadway show called "Beatlemania" at the Wintergarden Theater, NYC.

It was a multimeadia presentation of the Beatles. Ed Sullivan thru "Long and Winding Road".

I think the four main cast members toured after the Broadway show closed.
Jeremy Steele

Princeton, NJ USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2002 12:31 pm    

Back in the 70s, "Beatlemania" rehearsed for months at Studio Instrument Rentals in NYC prior to their opening on Broadway (I worked there at the time). The original cast were all great, but the "Paul" was a guy named Mitch Weissman, and it was spooky how much he looked, played and sang like McCartney...and this was before cloning!
Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2002 12:47 pm    

All right-handed McCartney impersonators should be tarred and feathered.
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2002 5:18 pm    

When I was in college, I saw Beatlemania. They started out with the Ed Sullivan era then went thru all the costume changes for Rubber Soul, Seargent Pepper's etc. Used all the right brands of guitars, amps, etc., played and sang every dang note EXACTLY right, and sounded absolutely positively as good as the originals. I was floored! They were not lip-synching: they really played and sang this stuff (and, yes, Ernest Borgnine, "Paul" even played left-handedly). I must say it was one of the top five popular music concerts I've ever been to in my life. It was that good.
Jeremy Steele

Princeton, NJ USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2002 5:34 am    

The musical director of the show was a guy named Sandy Yaguda...he was an original member of Jay and the Americans.