| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Roy Rosetta: New CD!
Jim Cohen

Philadelphia, PA
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2002 9:31 pm    

Those of us who frequent the steel guitar shows have grown very fond indeed of Mr. Roy Rosetta, one of the best musical friends a steel player could ever have. He is a pianist without peer and always seems to have just the right musical thing to say, whether it be in comping behind the steel player or in taking a solo. A thoroughly accomplished musician in any style of music.
So it was with great delight that I received a surprise package in the mail last week containing Roy's new piano CD, "Wind Beneath My Wings". This is a piano-bass-and drums trio CD of all kinds of music from country to jazz to pop standards, and is produced by his lovely wife, Barbara. I'm really enjoying listening to Roy take the spotlight for a whole CD's worth of material, since at the shows, we only get to hear him in snippets. My own personal favorites are his renditions of "Straighten Up and Fly Right" , "True Love Ways" and my favorite gospel tune, "Surely the Presence". Great material played by a superb player. I know Roy will have these CDs available for sale at the shows this spring, and perhaps he'll come on here and tell us how to order it, for those who can't make the shows or don't want to wait that long for a copy. Highly recommended!
Jimbeaux
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Mar 2002 10:31 pm    

Way to go, BIG RO. You sure had a lovely producer. See yall in Dallas. Love ya'll. Jody.