| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Johnny Bush, Loretta, etc
Dayna Wills

Sacramento, CA (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 May 2000 2:51 pm    

Hi Forumites,
First off, Turkey, TX was a ball. This year Henry Baker bought a church where we all could jam. Went there and jammed with Cowjazz. Also met the Cosmonauts. (and Steve E., I didn't have on a different "costume". I just took a bath and changed clothes)
Went to Ft Worth to Big Balls and spent the evening with Tom Morrell and the Timewarp Tophands May 12th. Saturday afternoon, the 13th, I went to Ernest Tubb's Record Shop to hear the great Johnny Bush, who is as great as ever. (He invited me to do a duet with him on that old chestnut
I'LL Never be Free' recorded by TN Ernie Ford and Kay Starr. I understand it's on his new CD soon to be released) Later that night I saw Loretta Lynn at Billy Bob's. She was great. Had her sister Peggy and one of her twins, Peggy, with her. After the show, which was packed, we were stuck in the parking lot. We wanted to get back to Big Balls for the last set, so I grabbed a flashlight and directed traffic. I wonder what people thought when I jumped into the van and drove away???
Tonight, May 18th, we (we, is my friend Miss BJ, who is doing the driving on this trip) are going to the Gathering in Austin to eat catfish and jam. Tomorrow night is the Texas Hall of Fame show. Glenn Duncan is being inducted this year.
The man who filmed the latest Asleep at the Wheel documentary is filming an all girl band consisting of Louise Rowe, Chris O'Connell, Mary Ann Price, and me tomorrow afternoon. Will let you know if the video will be available. Got a chick steel player, but I don't know who she is yet.
Speaking of steel players, Herb Steiner says hello to Busgal. So do I.
Stay tuned for more info on Texas as I'll be here til June 12th.
Hope we don't run into problems as it's an outdoor event and it's presently raining.

------------------
Janice Brooks

Pleasant Gap Pa
Post  Posted 19 May 2000 3:27 pm    

Alright I will reload the CD player. By the way I was listening to some Glen Miller and Duke Ellington today and it was an education thinking about how arrangments have adapted.

------------------
Janice "Busgal" Brooks
ICQ 44729047
Steve England

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 19 May 2000 6:09 pm    

Hey Dayna, did the gathering happen? We were gonna go, bu the weather looks like it may have it's evil way instead. Guess I'll find out tomorrow, see ya in San Marcos. Sure looked like different outfits to me, but what do I know?
DeVere Adamson

Indianola, Iowa (US)
Post  Posted 20 May 2000 9:36 am    

Hi Dayna, Speaking of Johnny Bush, thought you might have a idea of how to get a copy of a old album of his called "there stands the glass".
Probally recorded in the early 70's.
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2000 9:50 am    

Hey DeVere you can get all Johnny Bush stuff at Ernest Tubbs record Shops.
c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 May 2000 5:53 am    

Hi Dayna, enjoyed you singing in the rain at the Freeman Ranch fri,and also at the hall of fame show sat. You are like fine wine, you gat better every yr. Please don't make any more remarks however anout us husbands having a remote in our hands during the baseball season.My wife heard you and is threatening to hide mine. Best wishes CC

------------------
Garryharris

Hendersonville, TN USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2000 5:46 pm    

Saw Ray Benson on the Imus show this morning.
That guy is constantly beating the bushes. Says his next album will not be a "Wills" thing. He admitted that many had contacted him and reminded him of the many Wills songs that needed to be recorded by his group. I love those "A Sleep At The Wheel" albums.