| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  ZB 11/10 8+3
Webb Kline

Orangeville, PA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2007 4:43 pm    

I really don't want to do this, but I'm doing a long-term gig as a keyboardist and I need several new boards to do orchestrations on, so I'm having a yard sale of sorts.

I'm selling my 1968 ZB. It's an 11/10 (11 str. E9, 10str. C6) with 8 pedals and 3 knees.

It's serial #0008, making it one of the very first Bakersfield guitars--one of around 17 that were assembled with Zane Beck-built parts. It still has the Scranton, AR decals and the Zane signature fret-boards. Pete Grant has Garcia's guitar and that one is #009, but that's as close as I can get with the history of it.

The body is beautiful. Natural birds eye maple and red-stain with walnut necks. Finish is original and near-mint with only a few bar nicks between the necks and the back side of the guitar is faded a bit. Aluminum is well-polished and the key heads are polished inside and out.

I was going to have Greg Jones set it up for me and add some knees to it, but now I'm going to have to sell it as-is. I don't want to advertise his estimate on the forum, but we can discuss that via email or phone. I don't know anything about ZB mechanisms, so I've never had the guts to adjust it myself.

The action needs to be adjusted. Everything is free and working, but action is stiff. The E9 is Emmons copedent, but the C6 is a bit unconventional. I disconnected the 2 attenuators that are located below the changer because they didn't work. But, all other electrics are fine. It sounds incredible. It is a tone monster--fat, warm and very powerful.

With a few adjustments, this guitar will be one fine piece of history.

The case is original, needs handles and has some scratches, but otherwise sound.

I have a number of pictures--analog, but they're pretty good for a disposable camera. I have no clue how to put them on here. If anyone can tell me how to do it, I'll be happy to post them.

I have an idea what it might be worth, but I'm not sure what to ask for it. I'll let the ad run until Sunday and take bids via email or phone. If I don't have any interest by then, Ill put it over on EBay.

My phone is 570 854 2112.

Thanks,
Webb
Webb Kline

Orangeville, PA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2007 5:34 pm    

That was fast! Sale pending.
Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 2 Jan 2007 5:45 pm    

OK, who got it? I sure would love to see a picture of this one. In fact, I'd love to see a picture of Mr. Grant's #9.
Duncan
Russ Tkac

Post  Posted 2 Jan 2007 7:10 pm    

That was quick.
Chuck McGill

An hour from Memphis and 2 from Nashville, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2007 5:32 am    

Wow. The speed of that sale would put a Zum to shame. How much did it sell for and could we see some pics so we can waller in pity.
Bob Hamilton

California Central Coast
Post  Posted 3 Jan 2007 3:39 pm    

Hey Webb, put me in backup position for this steel purchase, I need another ZB too. BH
Webb Kline

Orangeville, PA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2007 4:39 am    

Please close. Sold to Bob Hamilton. Selling fee is in the mail. Thanks Bob and b0b. Smile