| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  '69 Sho~Bud D-10
Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2006 9:20 pm    

I'll make this simple and plain. Being a full-time musician is an unpredictable means of economic survival. Much to my chagrin, it's gotta go. I'm tore up, but that's the way it goes. Click on the following link for more info on this guitar's history:
http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum5/HTML/013384.html

As Bobbe Seymour states in the thread, it was built as a non-crossover, rack and barrel...just like Curly Chalker's from this time period. A transition guitar that led to the design of the Professional a year later, it's one of only three made. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner. It tunes and plays fine, but nevertheless it's for someone who knows Sho~Bud mechanics. The guitar sounds heavenly. The changers have lint, and I'm not exactly adept at taking apart changers - so I left them alone. It doesn't affect the sound or playability. Most of the pull rods underneath are clean, one or two are tarnished. The guitar's been polished and cleaned since the original thread pics. Anybody who knows 'Buds will be able to tell by the pics what's going on. She's a beauty. The upmost care will be taken when shipping this one. It will be professionally packaged by a shipping company.

Asking price is $1,800 plus actual shipping which will no doubt be in the $150 range.

Seriously interested parties please email for more pics and detailed info. I'm pretty pressed for time this week and can only send detailed pics to those who think this may be one for them. This is a great-sounding, playable guitar with a history.

[This message was

[This message was edited by Chris LeDrew on 16 October 2006 at 10:42 PM.]

Jackie Anderson

Scarborough, ME
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2006 5:02 am    

So sorry you have to do this, Chris, but we all can understand. I trust this treasure will find a good, new loving home!
Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2006 11:13 am    

Thanks Jack, I just need to thin out the herd and take care of a few things. I have a nice '76 Pro 1 to bring home the bacon, so I'm all good.

This fine vintage Sho~Bud has been sold. This one can be closed. Thanks.