| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Don Helms Songbook "Your Cheating Heart"
John Tipka

Reynoldsburg,OH
Post  Posted 25 Dec 1999 8:39 am    

A new tablature songbook compiled and edited by Dewitt "Scotty" Scott featuring ten songs sung most by Hank Williams Sr as played by Don Helms. It features Helms' E-13th tuning. More information at http://www.iwc.com/scottys-music/helms01.htm

And,...... four new new songbooks of favorites from the '40's and '50's from standards, country, Hawaiian, inspirational, etc using C6th non-pedal steel guitar tuning. Look at: http://www.iwc.com/scottys-music/scottyfavorites.htm

I'm glad we "non-peddlers" haven't been forgotten in the music industry turmoil.

Regards,

John
Roy Thomson

Wolfville, Nova Scotia,Canada
Post  Posted 26 Dec 1999 3:45 pm    

I gave my son Tom, my National lap steel to practice his favourite hobby .... "playing Don Helms style". He has been at it for a year using C6th.

I got him the "Your Cheating Heart" Course from Al Brisco, Steel Guitars of Canada for Christmas and just finished changing and tuning to E6th while he is here visiting for the Holidays.

It sounds great and the Tab, Cassette songs and rhythm tracks are very well done.

When I ordered the Course from Al I got him to include the guaged strings for the E6th tuning (6 string).

I recommend this course highly.

Roy T.