| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Raising The Dickens
Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2000 11:38 am    

Well, I'm just a couple of weeks into my C6th studies (!!) and I found (by accident!) the descending 'bridge' section of this tune - now I'm trying to get the verse.
I can hear it's some open string stuff, but don't know what BE's set-up would've been back then so I'd really appreciate some guidance on this one.
Am I correct in assuming he double-tracked the verse? PLEASE don't tell me he did it all at once!!!
If anyone knows where I can locate some tab for this, it'd really 'kick-start' me! After years of E9, it's like being in a foreign country - GREAT fun, though!!
Thanks for any help you can give even thoough I know some of you are thinking "Oh, that old thing, that's easy!"....
(I did figure the ending out, 'cause I watched him play it and saw it was on the 2nd fret.....even if it doesn't quite sound like him yet!!!)
Skeeter Klott

Grand Rapids Mi USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2000 12:35 pm    

I believe Jim Loessberg (sorry 'bout spelling) has tabbed this out and is available thru a variety of vendors, and I think his site is listed in the "Instructional Materials" section of the Forum. I think it costs $15.00 and from what I know, it's tabbed out pretty much the same as the way E did it on the album. And yes, I believe he double tracked it, doing a twin part to himself.