| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Listen to me yack about Poco
Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2024 6:45 am    

https://www.playlistparley.com/podcast/cl72amc05k0eo5lmks0f997ltnt8d3-ga2xw

If you have a long flight or can’t get to sleep or you’re trying to get well from a cold or something, this might make the time go by even slower...

Mostly I just want to try to get some hits for my buddy Josh Certo who came up with the concept of interviewing local musicians about their musical influences. Who knows, you might enjoy some of what I have to say about my favorite band, and you can check out some of the other sessions too.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2024 8:06 am    

Interesting and informative podcast. I've only got through about 20 mins. where you've just started talking about Rusty and Poco, so I'll have to start over to listen when I have more time.
Tucker Jackson

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2024 8:38 am    

Good stuff, Fred. Let no one say the subject was not thoroughly covered. I learned a lot.

I know you and Josh made a combined top 10 list at the end of the show, but I would be interested in seeing your list. If you have a minute, I'm pretty sure you could punch that out faster than I could scroll back through the podcast and piece it together Smile Thanks!
Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2024 5:49 pm    

I could punch out a top 100, Tucker! Thanks for listening, and for the kind words. I had no idea I was so long-winded, and poor Josh had no idea what he was getting into 😎

Anyway, you asked for it, here’s my Top Eleven:

1) Medley: Just In Case It Happens/Grand Junction/Consequently So Long
2) Bad Weather
3) Railroad Days
4) What If I Should Say I Love You
5) Rose Of Cimarron
6) Crazy Eyes
7) Angel
8) Good Feelin To Know
9) Sagebrush Serenade
10) Ghost Town
11) Look Within

I had to add #11 because it is on an album (Legacy) that I had not given a fair shot before doing this interview. Not much steel from Rusty on it, unfortunately, but other than that it’s an excellent representation of what the original Poco lineup might have become if they had stayed together. Lots of great music on it, but ”Look Within” hit me in the groovy spot. It is clean-picking clear-voiced Jim Messina at his country-gospel best.
Tucker Jackson

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 20 Sep 2024 8:37 am    

Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I know a bunch of these songs, but not all... so now, I'm off to listen.