| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Headphone jack on a Peavey Nashville 400
Tom Rhodes

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2024 4:10 pm    

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Peavey Nashville 400. I've pretty well researched everything I need to know, except one minor detail. Does it have a headphone jack? I've looked at a lot of the posts on the forum here, but all of them seemed to be quite dated. Was curious with all the new tech stuff out if there were any newer options that had come out since. Would appreciate any feedback on this subject. One idea I read was to run it through my audio interface and utilize the headphone input on that. But not 100% sure of that. Anyway thanks in advance for any feedback.
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2024 6:54 pm    

No. The NV400 does not have a headphone jack.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2024 6:03 am    

For practice I use a Crate GX-15R bought new for $39. because it has headphones out and RCA jacks input. Hook up my pedal board and laptop using Chorifie or Band in a box.
Sounds good plenty loud.
Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2024 4:44 am     Re: Headphone jack on a Peavey Nashville 400

Tom Rhodes wrote:
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Peavey Nashville 400. I've pretty well researched everything I need to know, except one minor detail. Does it have a headphone jack? I've looked at a lot of the posts on the forum here, but all of them seemed to be quite dated. Was curious with all the new tech stuff out if there were any newer options that had come out since. Would appreciate any feedback on this subject. One idea I read was to run it through my audio interface and utilize the headphone input on that. But not 100% sure of that. Anyway thanks in advance for any feedback.

Tom,
for headphone use you can go from the effects loop send jack to a small mini mixer you have headphones plugged into then put a 1/4” mono adapter jack or a short pedal patch cable into the effects loop return jack that will effectively cancel the signal from the speaker.
I highly recommend a Mooer Radar pedal between the amp and your mini mixer. Those Our an extremely inexpensive and fantastic little pedal that has A boatload of different speaker cabinet impulse responses on board as well as the ability to load custom ones and it has onboard power amp simulation with selectable power tube complements, as well as on board parametric and graphic EQ and an assortment of microphones that can be custom positioned for the speaker impulse responses it is a little pedal. You can also use it live to go from a paddleboard straight to the front of the house and it is the size of one of those little mini pedals.
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!
Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2024 4:48 am     Re: Headphone jack on a Peavey Nashville 400

Tom Rhodes wrote:

The Radar pedal you can find used on Reverb ebay etc $60-$80 the lcd screen is fabulous it’s one single button and easy to use. You can also run from the direct out of your amplifier to a recording, set up or to the mixing board in live situations

Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!