| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Help Filling Dan Dugmore Playlist
Ted Silar

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2024 12:58 pm    

Hi, everybody.

I was taken aback to see that there was no Dan Dugmore playlist on Spotify. So I decided to make one. But I need help. Dan has been on a million songs, and I don't know them all. I'm sure you all could help me flesh the playlist out.

I put my own songs that Dan played on, along with Byron Berine, first, not because they are mine, but because I put Dan and Berline front and center in the mix all through the songs. All their other recordings, they seem to get buried in the mix, and then they come out into audibility for a few bars, then its back submerged again.

So I am particularly looking for songs that feature Dan big-time. Dan's own album doesn't appear to be on Spotify, which was disappointing. But I imagine he wants people to pay for it, which is smart.

I think I have clicked "Invite Collaborators," and that means anybody can just add songs to the playlist. So feel free. And help me get Dan some more of the notoriety he deserves. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll try to fix it if I can.

The playlist is called "Pedal Steel Virtuoso Dan Dugmore."

Here's the link to the playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4NsGOvxTgDq1ZKM3HUxKRO?si=6ce40a5835b54033
Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 18 Aug 2024 1:20 pm    

It’s too bad that Dan’s “Off White Album” (at least I think that’s what it was called) isn’t available on Spotify. It’s absolutely brilliant..but I understand why it isn’t.
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2024 1:52 pm    

Dan is featured on country artist Gary Allan's "Smoke Rings In The Dark" record
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bill Cunningham

Atlanta, Ga. USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2024 6:05 pm    

Somewhere I have a CD 20+ years old by Rick Trevino. It has Dan and Kenny Vaughn on it and is a clinic on playing tasty stuff behind a singer.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2024 6:43 pm    

Extensive listing at discogs.com Search his name there Some artists that come immediately to mind are James Taylor and Travis Tritt.
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2024 8:09 pm    

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/dan-dugmore-mn0000667587#credits

San Francisco, CA 94131
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2024 1:02 pm    

As Bill Cunningham mentioned above, Rick Trevino used Dan to perfection on this cut. Listen to the ride at the end of "In My Dreams." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-wPB9gYdE

Joe
Ted Silar

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2024 2:35 pm    

Rembember, everyone. I think you can add any song you want right to the playlist, because I let the "invite collaborators" open.

So feel free to post your favorite Dan appearances right on there.
Richard Alderson

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2024 7:28 am    

Dan's first appearance on the first song on the first album where he ever played professionally is Wheatfield Lady on the Phoenix Concerts with John Stewart, RCA 1974. It all starts with that solo break on that one song. I dont do Spotify but I'll get a You Tube link up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC-qf3fkPR8&list=PLp25Q7XowfLEYtSA_aD1o2BupSOvtO0cx

Forest Grove, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2024 6:27 am     Dan Dugmore

I have been a fan of Karla Bonoff for many years. She wrote most her own songs and sand with an angels voice. I know Dan played psg on several of her recordings.