| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  In Praise of Seattle's Ten String Sad Machine
Ellen Angelico

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2024 2:46 pm    

I visited Patrick Timmins's Ten String Sad Machine store in Seattle and had a wonderful time. He was welcoming and knowledgeable, and we talked steels and steel stuff for a long time. He kindly let me play many of the guitars he had in stock, and to my delight they were all expertly set up and in tune. I got to play lots of guitars I wouldn't have been able to try otherwise. It helped me get a feel for what I like and don't like in steels - a blessing and a curse because now I'm jonesing for a Show Pro.

He is located in West Seattle and open by appointment. He does excellent repair work and even has a machine shop to make parts. I would feel totally comfortable sending him my gear. I highly recommend visiting Ten String Sad Machine if you are in Seattle! Thank you, Patrick!

Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2024 8:30 am    

Thanks for the review, Ellen! It's good to know there's another place that services steel guitars on the West Coast besides Jim Palenscar's Steel Guitars of North County in the San Diego area.
Dennis Montgomery

Western Washington
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2024 11:24 am    

Patrick's a stand up guy and extremely knowledgable and capable of doing a great setup and fixing even the most difficult pedal steel problem. I fell into a 40+ year old BMI 12 string rusty dusty train wreck a few years back and even after trying all my tear down/clean/rebuild tricks couldn't get it working. Sold it to Patrick and he later told me he got it back up and running properly which to me was a miracle Winking

Hear my album, "Armistice" featuring Fender 400 on every song:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfXm8aXRTFz2Pz_GXhvmjne7lPEtsplyW

Hear my Pedal Steel Only playlist featuring Mullen G2 SD12 on covers like Candyman, Wild Horses, Across the Universe & more...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfXm8aXRTFz2f0JOyiXpZyzNrvnJObliA
Dave Stagner

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2024 8:10 am    

Dang, I wish I'd known about this! I was just in Seattle on vacation last week. But first post was Aug 2, and I was camping on the coast with no internet access then...

1967 ZB D-10
1990 OMI Dobro
Recording King lap steel with Certano benders