| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  '67 Emmons Bolt-On - Trade? (Close)
Bill Terry

Bastrop, TX
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2024 10:15 am    

UPDATE:
After a couple of days using this guitar around the house for some recording, I've decided to keep it. My wife told me I'll regret it if I trade it off (she's heard my seller's remorse before), and that I should just buy an S10. I like that idea (and my wife) so I'm going to take her advice. I'm still interested in finding an S10 Emmons (as are apparently a lot of folks) but I'll put a new post in the Wanted To Buy section.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm thinking about a trade, my '67 Emmons bolt-on, serial number 1014-D for an S-10 P/P. I like this guitar a lot, but I also a have an invoice # D-10 bolt-on, and I'd really like to find a decent S-10 P/P for something a little easier to haul around.

I'm looking for an S-10 not an SD-10, and in a perfect world it would be a bolt-on also. I realize there aren't that many around, but I just like the way a bolt-on sounds, so that's my preference. A cut-tail would NOT be a deal breaker for me, unless it's blue. Smile

I'll post some pics in a bit, but here are a few details.
- The guitar is a black 8x4, with the usual Emmons setup, E's on the left, and is in good condition and plays well.
- It has the original mica, that sort of matte black. Chrome and end plates are in very good condition, but not pristine.
- The changers have been replaced by the previous owner, Rick Price, with Dean Chance changers. When I bought the guitar, in about 2018 if I remember right, Rick told me the original changers were worn to the point of being unplayable. If you search on the forum, you'll find that Dean's changers are well regarded by the general steel guitar community, and I honestly can't see or hear any difference in these or the stock changers on the '66 bolt-on. I would not consider the changers to be an 'issue', but full disclosure.
- Case would be your choice of a tweed covered aftermarket hard case, or a black tolex covered case. Both are in solid condition, but obviously not new.

I'm done shipping guitars, so hopefully looking for deal that could be done in person, i.e. within a driveable range from Austin, TX. I'll gladly make a trip for the right guitar, just seeing if it might be out there somewhere.

EDIT: By 'driveable range' I mean within a few hundred miles, neighboring or nearby states wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by Bill Terry on 1 Aug 2024 6:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Tommy Cass

Baldwinville, Ma. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2024 2:09 am    

Very nice bolt on. I have installed several of Dean Chances' changers on wrap's, bolt on's and cut tails. I think they are tops and made a difference. IMO.
Bill Terry

Bastrop, TX
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2024 6:13 am    

Tommy wrote:
I have installed several of Dean Chances' changers on wrap's, bolt on's and cut tails. I think they are tops and made a difference.

Thanks Tommy! Yeah, this is a great guitar, and Dean's changers are just excellent in every way. I'm not sure he's still selling changers or parts anymore, but at one time his changers were a life saver for old Emmons guitars.
George King

Woodlawn,Illinois
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2024 9:51 am    

That's a good looking guitar. I bet it's a good one. I have his little brother, a 67 cut tail.