Dave Meis

Olympic Peninsula, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2024 4:55 pm    

Good luck...

Last edited by Dave Meis on 17 Jul 2024 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dennis Ellerbee

Jackson, Georgia US
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2024 5:18 pm     Effects

Benado Steel Dream 11. Can’t beat this pedal for sound and easy to use.
Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2024 2:39 am    

I have an Atlantic NUX and like to use the Tap tempo.

Last edited by Ken Metcalf on 17 Jul 2024 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2024 5:18 am    

What's your preference on delay and reverb?

My preference is to leave 'em in the closet.
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 15 Jul 2024 6:30 am    

I have a pile of stomp boxes lying around. Now I use the Kemper for everything.
Mark Perrodin

Tucson Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2024 7:43 am     effects

responding to the op's question. strymon.
i have a flint on two boards and a volante on a third. really great quality stuff.
off topic but related- the dispatch master is a great delay/reverb combo pedal if you're not needing modulated delay. mythos oracle is my new fave for delay.
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2024 10:57 am    

MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay with a TC Electronic Hall Of Fame Reverb.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Revelation preamp, Carbon Copy Delay and Hall Of Fame Reverb, Crown XLS 1002, 2- 15" Eminence Wheelhouse speakers, ShoBud Pedal, Effects Pedals. 1949 Epiphone D-8.
GaryL

Medina, OH USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2024 4:33 pm     Delay and reverb

Reverb: The reverbs on my rigs (Quilter Steelaire and Telonics rack amps) are great for the small and large stage. Delays? Boss or Strymon, although both are great and very adjustable.
John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2024 4:51 pm    

Delay: Aion FX Elysium Delay (Ibanez Echomachine clone) set for a slap back type sound
Reverb: Spring from the Nashville 112 for basic sounds JHS Octave Reverb for more ethereal textures with the down octave for the shimmer mixed in about halfway
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5
Greg Duncan

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2024 10:32 am    

Eventide h9 max
Does everything!
Dave Meis

Olympic Peninsula, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2024 12:34 pm    

Yep

Last edited by Dave Meis on 17 Jul 2024 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2024 12:43 pm     ...well...

Strymon"Flint"is pretty nice...for verb...I use Catalinbread"Belle Epoch"for delay.

SH
Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2024 9:37 pm    

For pedal steel reverb, I use an EHX Oceans 11 on Spring setting. I find it very smooth and pretty close to the reverb on my old Fender amps. For guitar, unless I'm using a real Fender spring reverb, it's a Catalinbread Topanga. I play a lot of surf guitar and the Oceans 11 is good, but I find the Topanga better for that application. Good for steel too, but I actually prefer the Oceans 11 for that application.

There are lots of really good delays out there. I've been using a Mad Professor Deep Blue or Digitech Rubberneck true analog delay for a while now. Just got a Neunaber Echelon delay - I used it on a gig last week, it was very nice. It will be on my pedal steel board for an extended check-out. Catalinbread Belle Epoch is great - I will probably grab one when I can find a used one reasonable. Another great delay is the Nocturne Brain BS-301. He's going after the Roland 301 Space Echo sound. Not cheap, but as good as I've heard - really versatile and smooth.

I confess that I haven't cared for the Strymons I've tried. I really just want a totally plain spring reverb, and I prefer the delays I mentioned above. I'm utterly confident that the Benado reverb and delays are very good, but I don't use multi-effect pedals these days. I have too many individual pedals that I'm committed to.
Corbin Pratt

KY
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2024 6:53 am    

Steve - on the Flint, which verb do you prefer to use?

Show Pro SD-10, Shaw Amplifiers, Kemper
Dave Stagner

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2024 9:06 am    

A very non-standard choice, but my main reverb is a Caroline Meteore. It's VERY lo-fi, with a pronounced slap and some potential for overdriving the reverb tone itself. If you're looking for a glossy studio-like tone (like a Strymon), stay far away!

I like a gnarly tone, like old early 1970s live recordings with tube amps cranked onstage (but without that stage volume). Meteore gets closer to that than any other digital reverb I've tried.

1967 ZB D-10
1990 OMI Dobro
Recording King lap steel with Certano benders
Marty Holmes

Magnolia ,TX USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2024 9:47 am    

Corbin for my preference I like the hall reverb on the flint ,I find it the smoothest.jm2¢
Marvin Born

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2024 11:50 am     Effects

Strymon. and Steel Dream, both do the same thing but are different. I have both.

The Steel Dream is all analog. So no problems with phase issues with amps like Telonics..

One piece and can be placed ahead of the amp input. or the reverb and delay through the effects loop and the Nutradrive can be ahead of the amp input. Works great for your normal country gig. Set it and forget it.

Strymon makes several delay and reverb pedals. All are good. I have two boards. One has the big three, Mobius, Big Sky and Timeline. with these you can get any effect you want, any way you want it. Just takes some time to find it.

I use a Morningstar MC-6 midi controller (mounted on the guitar leg and the board sits on top of the amp. ). The board power supply powers the MC-6. I have Evans, Telonics, Little Walter, and Bergantino amps.

All work well with the amps, BUT, Strymon pedals are digital. Therefore, you have to turn off DRY when using amps like Telonics that have split dry and effects paths. If you forget to turn off dry, some notes will be louder than others and some weaker than normal. Phase delay errors. Evans, Peavey, Boss, etc. have only one path and are not a problem.

The other board is smaller and it has the new. Cloudburst (reverb), Brig (delay) pedals and another Mobius. for modulated effects, Rotary, tremolo, flanger, phaser, etc. also midi controlled.

I typically use this with a Little Walter so all analog. Both boards have Strymon single button mini switches that mount on the leg to set the tempo of the delay.

The Nightsky is a different reverb sound, mainly for studio use. And Iridium, is an amp/speaker simulator to feed directly into the house PA when you ampless. Connects after everything else and is not used with any amp. (Connect to reverb out to Iridium and to the PA. )

Note, this phase delay issue is not just a Strymon problem, any digital pedal into a Telonics amp or similar pre-amp with have to have the dry turned off. When buying a pedal, check the manual and see if there is a dry off mode. Many do not.
Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2024 4:25 pm     ...well...

Corbin Pratt wrote:
Steve - on the Flint, which verb do you prefer to use?

'60s...I like the blackface Fender sound!

Best,
SH
Thornton Lewis

New York, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2024 5:54 pm    

What Dennis said above. Not really what you asked, but those are my pedals. Plus a Mad Professor Simble overdrive which I almost never use.

Born in Portsmouth Oh. Dec. 10th 1954 Reside in City of Mentor, in Northeast Oh.
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2024 8:00 am     Want the Best, Does it all pedal

My Boss RC-500 Delay, Reverb, Looper,Drum Machine, Looper, with many Presets available to do your own thing! All of this with Boss AAA QUALITY!
$Expensive yes but worth every penny!

Last edited by Jeffery Mercer on 16 Aug 2024 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Brad Sarno

St. Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2024 6:30 am    

The newer Mark II version of the DL4 has a bunch of "secret" reverbs". This thing is an amazing Delay/Reverb machine that goes really deep and does a LOT. I don't know what can touch it for the money either.

Line 6 DL4 MKii

Jeffery Mercer

Born in Portsmouth Oh. Dec. 10th 1954 Reside in City of Mentor, in Northeast Oh.
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2024 8:25 am     Cost?

What does this New Pedal Cost?
Thanks my Friend!

Victoria, TX. USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2024 10:43 pm    

Boss DD-8….. I think the RV version can probably perform about the same for my use. I like the delay plus reverb settings
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2024 7:40 am    

I'm getting a very good delay and reverb with the Ibanez mini analog delay and the Joyo mini Space Verb. Great combination.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Revelation preamp, Carbon Copy Delay and Hall Of Fame Reverb, Crown XLS 1002, 2- 15" Eminence Wheelhouse speakers, ShoBud Pedal, Effects Pedals. 1949 Epiphone D-8.