| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Maverick conversion:no pedals, just knees!
K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2024 10:11 am    

Once upon a time I had a Baldwin Crossover with really messed up linkage. It wasn’t working well at all but sounded great. I took the back deck off and sold it as an SD 10 with 4+3. I saved the parts. I also had a Miller that was just so heavy that I took the back neck off of that and sold it to a guy who really only wanted to learn E9. I bought a later model Maverick top with homemade legs, no pedals and no knee. I stripped the vinyl covering off and refinished the Birdseye maple that was underneath and it looks good. I took the Crossover C neck and put that on the Maverick. I removed the Maverick changer and put in the Miller pull-release mechanism. The old Gumby keyhead went in place of the ashtray type tuner that originally was there. The holes were drilled already to accommodate the machine screws for it. I was able to make the two back legs adjustable by hammering in nuts to the ends and using bolts. I had collected MSA,Bud and Miller knee levers. I’m not quite finished putting in the knee levers but when I’m done they’ll be three. I’ll use a modified E9tuning and have the E-F, G#-A & B-C# changes on the knee levers. A quick and easy set up and very useful for the old time country and swing stuff!

KEVIN MAUL: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Donner, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Mark Perrodin

Tucson Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2024 3:38 pm     custom

i love it! i like that you are bringing this to life. and the reverser for a lower is vintage tech. i bet it'll be a great player when you're done.