Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2024 10:27 am    

Anyone tried this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChkzP48NKKSiredddt-NGEQ?view_as=public

www.myspace.com/ricknelsteel
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2024 5:59 pm    

I looked at the reviews and the booklet. May be promising but I'm concerned about the clean amps. I'm trying the Nux amp academy because it has a Twin Reverb in the samples plus the ability to load IRs of your own choosing. I got the software updated and just got the app working with my tablet so I can tweak on the fly. Not too bad so far.
Nathan Guilford

Oklahoma City
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2024 6:33 pm    

I ordered one. Should come soon. The boss seems perfect for what I want. Small, reliable, simple, pretty cheap, and 1/4" out plus headphone out, placed at the end of my pedalboard. It says that you can do custom IRs loaded in and I'll probably do that right away so I can hear my JBL 15 cab sim.

Hope it's good. I'll let you know.
Richard Nelson

Drogheda, Louth, Ireland
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2024 9:37 am    

I got fed up with the wait and changed the order to a two notes opus. It’s a very deep dive as there’s lots of parameters but I’m starting to get a handle on it. I did a gig last night with a 5 min dial in lap steel sound and it worked great. Just straight in and out of the pedal, so easy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChkzP48NKKSiredddt-NGEQ?view_as=public

www.myspace.com/ricknelsteel
Nathan Guilford

Oklahoma City
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2024 3:10 pm    

I like it! Finally got mine in early May. Played with it on 3 gigs now in different situations.

1) Full band LOUD stage with a external monitor

2) Acoustic-type performance where I am the only electric instrument and no drums.

3) Full band with a silent stage.

The unit worked well in all situations and took only very minor tweaking to sound really fantastic for my pedal steel. Played lap steel with dirty tones on the 2nd channel with the full band gigs. That worked fine too, but I still wanted my overdrive in front which sounded great straight into the Boss pedal.

The good -

I absolutely love the simplicity of it. Green LED is clean, Red LED is dirty. volume, gain, reverb, and bass, middle, treble. So easy. No menus or graphic displays. Just sounds good and that's all. The outputs can run two signals output plus the headphone jack. All function simutaneously. (I love having the headphones ready for instant "More of me" if the soundman won't respond or if you're on a very small stage with no monitors). Finally, its a Boss pedal. Probably last for decades.

The bad -

If you want effects, you gotta use your effects pedals. Not a big deal for me as I've got plenty of those laying around. The other criticism is the one built-in effect that it does have. The reverb is pretty weak. Maybe (fingers crossed) Boss puts out an update to change this? If it had a good spring reverb like a Fender, I'd be a very happy player.

Overall, I really like this pedal. It plays very nice with my pedal steel's hot outputs, takes effects pedals well, and comes with great sounding IR's right out of the box. I think Boss has a hit with this one.
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2024 7:05 am    

Nathan, thanks for the follow up review. Sounds like a solid pedal as Boss usually delivers.
Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2024 7:38 pm    

I just got the Boss Ir2 yesterday and have not had a chance to play with it much. However, the clean and Twin settings are where it sounds nice with the gain at 9:00 and then turn up the level. The Bass, Mid and Treble are very active and a minor adjustment makes a huge difference. The best way to make adjustments is have this pedal near you because you will be getting up or turning around to twist dials if you put it on your amp. I’m going to rehearsal this week and will be interested to see if I can just plug into the power amp.

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2024 6:16 am    

Anyone doesn’t wanna wait for one of these I got a Mooer Radar pedal that’s fantastic…one knob easy to use, extremely small mini pedal size with super nice screen on it, you can run your guitar into it and go into an amp; direct to speaker cab, mixer, or FOH, has onboard bypassable power amp, graphic and three band parametric eq; bunch of different speaker IR’s, and you can load custom IR’s all for @ $100
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!
Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2024 6:18 am    

Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!