| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  whos playing with the Time Jumpers Monday ?
Steve Spitz

New Orleans, LA, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2024 4:41 pm    

I know whoever it is, it will be great. Eddy D. ?

also, its my first time at that venue/show. any tips on navigating the process? Bringing an older couple, not sure how much heat, standing, and waiting to expect.

the tickets were purchased online, from a third party. seemed a bit sketchy.

any feedback is appreciated, and appologies if some of this is crossposted. Thanks !
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2024 6:53 pm    

Paul Franklin plays steel with the Time Jumpers, unless there was a fairly recent change. All band members are world class. The best advice I can give is to arrive early to get the best available parking space, and to avoid standing in line. Enjoy a great show!
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2024 7:33 pm    

From their website:

Quote:
The twin fiddle section is comprised of National Fiddler Hall of Famer Joe Spivey and Grand Master Fiddle Champion Justin Branum. The vital pedal steel guitar seat is held by Eddy Dunlap, an in-demand session musician and substitute steel guitarist in the Grand Ole Opry house band. Lead guitar is handled by the versatile Andy Reiss, while Chris Walters wows the audience playing the piano and a solid, driving rhythm section comprised of Brad Albin on bass, Billy Thomas on drums, and “Ranger Doug” Green, co-founder of Riders In The Sky, on classic big-band rhythm guitar lays a swinging foundation. And lastly, our Queen, the thrilling soulful singer who recently made quite a splash on NBC’s The Voice, Wendy Moten.

Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2024 10:21 am    

Richard Sinkler wrote:
From their website:

Quote:
The twin fiddle section is comprised of National Fiddler Hall of Famer Joe Spivey and Grand Master Fiddle Champion Justin Branum. The vital pedal steel guitar seat is held by Eddy Dunlap, an in-demand session musician and substitute steel guitarist in the Grand Ole Opry house band. Lead guitar is handled by the versatile Andy Reiss, while Chris Walters wows the audience playing the piano and a solid, driving rhythm section comprised of Brad Albin on bass, Billy Thomas on drums, and “Ranger Doug” Green, co-founder of Riders In The Sky, on classic big-band rhythm guitar lays a swinging foundation. And lastly, our Queen, the thrilling soulful singer who recently made quite a splash on NBC’s The Voice, Wendy Moten.

Interesting...Paul Franklin's picture is still among the photos above the text on their website. I didn't read the text below the photos before I posted above. Thanks for the info, Richard.