| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ringo Starr / All Starr Band
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2024 9:37 am    

Saturday night, my wife and I had the pleasure of attending a live performance of Ringo Starr and his All Star Band. Almost two hours of incredible music.

The name of the band is quite appropriate:

Colin Hay - Men at Work

Hamish Stuart - Average White Band

Steve Lukather - Toto (and others)

Warren Ham - (multi instrumentalist who has played with so many people) Flute, Soprano Sax, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Harmonica, Keyboards

Gregg Bissonette - Incredible drummer with so many top stars

The concert was a mix of Ringo's music, along with songs by Toto, Men at Work, Average White Band.

What a night. If they perform at a venue near you, go see them. My wife and I and about 6,000 other fans had a wonderful evening.

~Lee

Last edited by Lee Baucum on 11 Jun 2024 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2024 10:21 am    

Is Gregg Rolie of Santana/Journey fame still playing keys with the All Starr Band?
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5
Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2024 6:36 am    

It was my good fortune to see the All-Starr outfit's first lineup featuring Clemons & Lofgren from Springsteen's band, Levon & Danko from THE Band, Dr. John, Joe Walsh, Jim Keltner, and Billy Preston at Harriet Island across the Mississippi from downtown Saint Paul on a lovely summer evening in 1989. Ringo alternated by serving varied roles behind his drum kit, as a front man singing both his solo and his Beatles hits, and standing out front leading the All-Starrs through their own familiar tunes like he was Lawrence Welk. Akin to a 60's & '70s classic rock live juke box, it was a memorable show indeed.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2024 6:53 am    

Incredible line-up Lee. So much musical history there. I'll have to keep an eye out for a local concert.
Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2024 1:58 pm    

I've seen them in Jersey twice, Always great bands, Ringo is such a great guy who loves to spread the wealth. Nice that he tours with many under sung legends of music.

Glad you enjoyed it, Lee

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days