| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Source for Derby Pull Rod Metal Spacer?
Joseph Carlson

Grass Valley, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2024 9:41 am    

Hello,

Does anyone know of a source for these metal spacers that were used on Derby Pedal Steel pull rods?

Barry Coker

Bagley Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2024 3:20 am    

These are listed under electronic standoffs on Ebay they have aluminum brass and nylon some have threads that may need to be drilled out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225032961608?itmmeta=01HZPM1RP419K2MDQ0FRWX3VKZ&hash=item3465027e48:g:twoAAOSwAKtiqzkL&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwLzMeYqcKbjIj1d2TWb70GDOfhL4qIg7UBLVigNYHOldvjP0CwP1b3WF%2FHfe%2FWeXQJu7mCFm9WkgNfrCXB7w5ijF9%2F7QjuxKcFqdtawIWdb0bhUKiB126BDMoYBHF5YOtCR681Ot8qqgEWs3a1UdG9dv18tIMv63OT7gvkOpTpwWRLk8WRnN1k%2FZISM5YeoKHit7wttKDjWZEEvcd47%2BrDYkx%2FHcnBO7oIKue2P0XcUV04vNxdJmoytvoLnObB%2FMdg%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5iLh9T9Yw

Barry

Post  Posted 6 Jun 2024 3:36 am     Easily found

And of course, most any hardware store. You may find more in brass.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2024 7:26 am    

Barry, you should put your link in a tiny url link. It's so long it overruns the page...makes the post reply button hard to find. Maybe you could ask Dave or Brad to do it if you don't know the procedure.

Anyway, these spacers are rather beefy, unlike many of the stand offs etc. They measure 3/16 o.d. x 9/16 L with app. the hole size that fits a .109 rod...an 1/8 rod won't go through it.

The wall thickness is app .035...pretty thick.

I thought I had a few of these but can only find the one I took measurements from.

There's a guy on ebay selling Derby parts...might hit him directly to see if he has other parts.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2024 7:32 am    

Barry Coker wrote:
These are listed under electronic standoffs on Ebay they have aluminum brass and nylon some have threads that may need to be drilled out.

clickhere

Barry
Joseph Carlson

Grass Valley, California, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2024 7:49 am    

Thanks for the help everyone, I was able to find some thanks to help from Ian Worley. Thanks Ian!

For the sake of future folks looking for these, here is the link https://www.grainger.com/product/Spacer-For-4-Screw-Size-6MYP1?searchQuery=6myp1&searchBar=true&tier=Not+Applicable
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2024 8:43 am    

Word of caution using thin walled spacers, even the original ones have been known to mushroom out and hang up the rod on the threads. It's happened to me more than once on the Derby I once owned. Just be aware.