| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Not Selling, please close/lock the post. Thank you.
Michael Erlinger

California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2024 10:31 am    

I've got a 1954 Fender Stringmaster Dual Eight up for sale on Reverb, but would love to see it sell on the forum, and would like even more to sell it to a member locally in the Southern California area so that I can avoid shipping it. Here is a link to the Reverb ad . . .

https://reverb.com/item/82584624-fender-stringmaster-double-8-long-scale-1954-blonde

It's a 26" long scale. All original. Pretty great cosmetic shape and perfect working order. It ships with the original hardshell case, which is in very good condition.

Shipped and PayPal'd to the Lower-48 states would be $2,350.

Local pickup/drop-off would be $2,000 cash.

Please do post or PM with any questions. Always happy to talk about these instruments.

Best,
Mike

P.S.
I've bought and sold too much stuff over the years. Here's some links to my feedback on Reverb . . .

https://reverb.com/shop/michaels-gear-garage-784

and some more feedback from my "merlinger" account on eBay . . .

https://www.ebay.com/usr/merlinger?_tab=1[url][/url][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

Last edited by Michael Erlinger on 12 Jun 2024 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 4 Jun 2024 1:00 pm    

I looked at the Reverb photos and I have to say that you’ve got the cleanest first version Stringmaster that I’ve ever seen. Amazing, and at a fair price.
Michael Erlinger

California, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2024 10:26 am    

Thanks for the kind words. It's a good one.

Best,
Mike

P.S.
Here's a few more pics from the listing . . .

[url]

[url]

[url]
Thomas Engleman

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2024 3:36 pm    

hey old pal...Nice looking Stringmaster. I think yours...with a 26 inch scale is a 1953. As far as I know they only made a 26 inch scale in 1953. The other things are the bridge covers are held down with screws...later years they we "flip-up" on a hinge pin and the pick up covers on yours are chrome plated ( 1953 only).
I too have a 1953 Stringmaster that I put two trade school made pedals on. My stringmaster is all beat-up and I butchered it attempting to add more pedals. It still plays quite well. I fired it up in 2020 and made a You Tube video. Maybe you can find it go to YouTube type in Tom Engleman Steel Guitar. On the YouTube video title...it is wrong it should read 1953.
Not too many of the 1953 models are around.
Good luck and be well,
Tom. [img]
[/img]
Michael Erlinger

California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2024 7:36 am    

Thanks for the post. That is a fantastic string master and a great video. I love the uniqueness of the mods and the instrument. Sounds superb. What circuit is that tweed super amp?

While my Stringmaster is definitely a MK I, it really does seem to be a 1954. The tape in the control indicates Mary finished it up in March 1954.

Thanks again for posting. I really appreciate the history of these instruments.

Best,
Mike
Michael Erlinger

California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2024 3:12 pm    

Apologies, I forgot to mention that all of the tuners work great (no slipping, no sloppiness, no issues), but one tuner was previously replaced with an exact fender working 1950s tuner. You cannot distinguish the replaced tuner from the other tuners. While it's a common repair on these 1950s lollipop tuners, the repair is usually not done this well.

Thanks again for all the interest in this one.

Best,
Mike
Michael Erlinger

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2024 2:32 pm    

And after all that, I'm going to not sell it and hold on to it for a bit longer. Thanks for the interest everybody.

Best,
Mike