| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bob Dylan without a Steelplayer in his band
Tor Arve Baroy

Norway
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2024 10:16 pm    

For the first time since the early nineties, Dylan started his tour without a Steelplayer on stage with him.
Since Bucky Baxter joined in the early nineties, pedalsteel has been a constant in his live band. But now, surprisingly Donnie Herron that has played with Dylan for 15 years was absent. Hope the steel will return Winking
Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2024 3:44 am    

Yes strange too since he is on the Outlaw tour this summer. Maybe Willie convinced him Sad

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2024 10:18 am    

Don Herron played steel with BR5-49 before joining Bob's band. I remember, at one time, Dylan used to have a Fender non pedal steel onstage with him for awhile, and I saw Don Herron play pedal steel with BR5-49, it was in 2001, and Hal Ketchum introduced BR5-49 on the Opry, and they opened with a song that Carl Smith recorded called "Go Boy Go", and Don played a 1950s triple neck Fender nonpedal steel, and after the song, Gary Bennett and Chuck Mead switched on lead vocals for their cover of the Anne Murray 1983 hit song, "A Little Good News, and Don played a ZumSteel. If I remember right, Don Herron started working with Bob Dylan in '06.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger