| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ken Fox Intense Mod Nashville 400
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2024 9:13 am    

Hi All,

I just had Ken Fox perform an Intense Mod on a Nashville 400 that I got from Tommy Huff. All I can say is WOW! This mod which includes the changing of thirty something components will wake that Nashville up. I was so surprised at how clean sounding the amp is now. I can say that it sounds like a tube amp and very quiet. No one does it better than Ken. He followed up with me and does great work. If you have a Nashville 400, and it is an amp you use a lot, do yourself a favor and get Ken to do this mod. I am a tone nut and believe me, you will not regret it. While you are at it, get Tommy Huff to build you one of his light weight cabinets for the Nashville. I have 4 of his cabs, they are lighter, nice, and sound good. Tommy is also great to to work with.
Ron Bryson

Bonifay, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2024 10:16 am    

I have 2 of them..Best solid state reverb that I've ever heard.
Ron
Ken Fox

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 6 May 2024 5:27 pm     Mods

Thanks to all. I had enough chips and parts to do three mods I had promised a while back. Did one for Joe Shepherd, Joe Rogers ( Tracy Bird Band) and of course my good friend here Danny

So glad I could help out. Trying to find a source for a few more OPA 2134 chips as I have a few more I had promised to do in the past. Want to be prepared in case those still come around

I am not going back into the amp repair business via shipping. Just a few promised mods from the past and walk in business only

The cost and damage from shipping can be really bad these days. These three mods I did were expertly packed and shipped. I do so appreciate that!

Thanks again to all of you I have done work for in the past

Ken
Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2024 11:19 am     Nv 400

Hey Danny, that was probably one of my Nashvilles!😁😎

Rocky Mountain High, CO
Post  Posted 29 May 2024 7:02 am    

Any thoughts on available chips to use that aren't NLA

alas, time marches on
Bill A. Moore

Silver City, New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 29 May 2024 11:55 am    

https://www.cedist.com/products/op-amp-opa2134-dual-high-performance-audio-8-pin-dip

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/op-amp-opa2134-dual-high-performance-audio-8-pin-dip
Curt Langston

Post  Posted 30 May 2024 6:10 am     OPamps

I might add that Mouser has these EXACT chips for 6.03 each. Even though those links show a Burr Brown stamp, they are manufactured by TI. (compare the data sheets between the two) I would bet money that the ones they ship do not have the BB logo on them. Almost two dollars cheaper each. I ordered a set from Mouser about a month ago and received them in 3 days.
Just FYI.
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/OPA2134PA?qs=7nS3%252BbEUL6uyT34OzaiM4g%3D%3D

Ken Fox, please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by Curt Langston on 30 May 2024 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Curt Langston

Post  Posted 30 May 2024 6:32 am     Chips

Also like to add, that while these chips do help the Nash 112 and 400 sound quite a bit better, they are not nearly as good as Ken's Intense MOD. Not even close! I had a Fox Intense N400 a few years ago and it was the absolute best sounding steel amp that I've heard to date. Clean and warm. It totally open up my N400 to a whole other level. Foolishly sold it because I "wanted something lighter"....How I would love to have that amp back.
Bill A. Moore

Silver City, New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2024 8:00 am    

Texas Instrument acquired Burr Brown in 2000, so most of the ones I've bought came from them. I generally buy from CE, the whosale part of Amplified Parts, but I haven't bought any IC's since last year, and they have the BB logo.
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 May 2024 8:34 am    

Well said Curt! I have played with a lot of Nashville 400 amps over the years as well as other Peavey Amps. None compare to what the Intense Mod has done to this Nashville 400. In my opinion, it sounds like a tube amp. Although I normally play with a rack setup, I used the amp this weekend and could not believe how crisp it sounded. All I can say is that Ken's Intense Mod takes the Nashville 400 to a different level, it literally wakes it up! In addition, Ken makes a cable for the reverb tank that is far superior to what comes with the amp. Ken, you are the best my friend!!