| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WTB Mosvalve 500
Glenn Demichele

(20mi N of) Chicago Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 1:20 pm    

Anybody have a Mosvalve 500 for sale?
Franklin D10 8&5, Excel D10 8&5. Both amazing guitars! Homemade buffer/overdrive with adjustable 700Hz "Fender" scoop., Moyo pedal, GT-001 effects, 2x TDA7294 80W class AB amps, or 2x BAM200 for stereo. TT12 and BW1501 each in its own closed back wedge. Also NV400 etc. etc...
Tim Pillow

Arizona
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 5:32 pm    

These amps are rare nowadays. But there is still hope. After a lot of research the Matrix GT power amps use the same mosfet transistor technology as the old school mosvalve’s from the 90’s. The matrix GT power amps are no longer in production and you’re going to pay a premium price for them, but that is the other best alternative to a mosvalve 500. I got lucky and found a 500 on the forum, they about 30lbs, if you find one make sure you have it insured because mine came in shambles and luckily it was able to be saved. Cost a couple hundred to fix it and put it back together, but it works great and sounds amazing. I will never get rid of it.

Hope this helps.
Glenn Demichele

(20mi N of) Chicago Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 5:50 pm    

Thanks Tim: Other than my human lifespan, I'm in no hurry so maybe one will turn up.
Franklin D10 8&5, Excel D10 8&5. Both amazing guitars! Homemade buffer/overdrive with adjustable 700Hz "Fender" scoop., Moyo pedal, GT-001 effects, 2x TDA7294 80W class AB amps, or 2x BAM200 for stereo. TT12 and BW1501 each in its own closed back wedge. Also NV400 etc. etc...