| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud The Professional for sale
Joe Romanchick

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2024 11:32 am    

I am selling my Sho-Bud now because things don't always work out like you plan. I am soon 79 and reality is here for me and this thing is just sitting and I would like it to go to someone who will actually use it. It has been basically sitting here un touched since I finished it. I had even bought some additional tabs but never got to try and play them. So, I am selling everything I have for it as a package . The package will include of course the Sho-Bud and Here is a link to what has been done in case you are not familiar with what was done (Sho-Bud restore : The Steel Guitar Forum), and notice at the end it has the correct teardrop knees. It is now set up for standard E9 Emmons tuning. 3 pedals and 4 knees. The C6 neck is strung and hooked up but I never set it up because I did not know how to play that or really either neck. I also purchased a Bradshaw music rack for it. It also includes an Evans FET500 LV amp and I bought a new 20' cord for it. Also included is a Goodrich pedal which I bought a new pot for it but never installed because it worked well enough for me. There are quite a few extra parts if for some reason you wanted to change anything including brass barrels. Then there is a bunch of assorted new picks and a bar. I am also including all music and tabs I had and most is new never used from Mike Headrick, Billy Cooper, William Litaker, David Hartley,etc. A lot of it includes the music and CDs still sealed. There is quite a bit of stuff here and it is just wasting away. The price I am asking for everything is $3400.00 which I believe is very fair for all that is here.Berrysburg,PA......

Now, I do not wish to ship this because packing and shipping this is something I do not want to be involved in and also taking the chance of damaging it and that would break my heart. I would be willing to drive a couple of hours to meet somewhere if that would help...https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=395482&highlight=

Last edited by Joe Romanchick on 27 May 2024 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
John Ducsai

New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2024 12:34 pm    

Joe did an absolutely amazing job on this Sho-Bud !!! Whoa!
Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 26 May 2024 12:48 pm    

Looks amazing..someone will be lucky to have this beauty !

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 26 May 2024 1:47 pm    

man, that is a GREAT deal on a really nice bit of kit....sorry that it didn;t all come together for you as you planned.. Your restoration looks fabulous, and you are passing on a truly great setup at a very reasonable price... kudos.... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 5:57 am    

Quote:
and Here is a link to what has been done in case you are not familiar with what was done (Sho-Bud restore : The Steel Guitar Forum), and notice at the end it has the correct teardrop knees.

Hey Joe; I don't see a "Link" in your post? Do you have underneath pics?? Thanks bro.
Ricky
Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 8:40 am    

That's a lot of gear for the price! And what a pretty guitar.
Joe Romanchick

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 8:46 am    

[quote="Ricky Davis"]
Quote:
and Here is a link to what has been done in case you are not familiar with what was done (Sho-Bud restore : The Steel Guitar Forum), and notice at the end it has the correct teardrop knees.

Hey Joe; I don't see a "Link" in your post? Do you have underneath pics?? Thanks bro.
Ricky[/quote

Hi Ricky, here is the link again and it did not work right before..https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=395482&highlight=
Joe Romanchick

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 8:49 am    

I am not sure if this link to the restoration is working.Let me know if not......Joe

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=395482&highlight=
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 8:57 am    

Yes Joe, now I remember; seeing that link and comenting many times as you can tell I'm such a nerd. That is a just wonderful restoration for a very rare two-tone shobud professional it's freaking priceless, good job and good luck and I'm actually passing it around to a few fans of mine that are always looking for this, that's why I wanted to know more info but I forgot now I remember thank you.
Joe.
Ricky
Joe Romanchick

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 9:02 am    

ATTENTION everyone. The bottom pictures are before I strung and completed the C6 neck, and now there are more rods added to the neck..........
Joe Romanchick

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 9:45 am    

Ricky Davis wrote:
Yes Joe, now I remember; seeing that link and comenting many times as you can tell I'm such a nerd. That is a just wonderful restoration for a very rare two-tone shobud professional it's freaking priceless, good job and good luck and I'm actually passing it around to a few fans of mine that are always looking for this, that's why I wanted to know more info but I forgot now I remember thank you.
Joe.
Ricky

Thanks,Ricky, I appreciate it.......
Daniel Flanigan

Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 10:57 am    

Oh, Brother. If I lived within a few states of Pennsylvania, I'd buy that guitar in a heartbeat. Quite possibly the most beautiful steel I've ever seen. Congratulations in advance to whoever buys this guitar.
Jim Fogarty

Phila, Pa, USA
Post  Posted 27 May 2024 7:43 pm    

Hi Joe......how far from Philly are you?
Joe Romanchick

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2024 2:49 am    

Hello, I guess I am about 3? hours...Mapquest from your address to me Berrysburg,17005
Joe Romanchick

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jun 2024 4:47 pm    

This guitar has been sold elsewhere but a donation has still been sent here.
Joe