| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How many Marrs pedal steels were built?
Nicholas Cox

CA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2024 9:16 am    

Does anyone know how many Marrs pedal steels were built total? I recently acquired 0010. Does anyone have a list of serial numbers and dates? Thanks!
Nick
Rick Kornacker

Dixon Springs, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2024 5:55 am     Marrs guitar registry?

Hey Nicholas! Check with Jeff Surratt at Show-Pro guitar,he may have access to that info. Also, he might put you in touch with Larry Marrs, Duane's son, who might could help. I owned the first Marrs guitar, #0002, A friend of mine still owns it now. If you can upload a pic that might generate and yield more info. I was around Duane's shop alot and saw many of the first ones built. Also, a Forum "search" will pull up some pics. Hope this helps. Regards,RK😎

CA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2024 9:50 am     Thanks

Thanks Rick!
Here’s a pic of 0010. It’s a beautiful guitar. I just traded out the George L’s pickups with some 710s and it sounds great.

Rick Kornacker

Dixon Springs, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jun 2024 3:20 pm     It's a looker!

Hey Nicholas! Lookin' good...how do you go wrong with black? The very first guitars had different features giving way to sensible improvements. Early guitars had two a piece necks of aluminum. Yours has the ones piece neck. Also, the long fretboard was meant to cover the original joint between the two pieces. The underside mechanics also changed as Duane came up with improved bellcranks,etc. Also, the nylon pieces used to connect pedal rods to the pedals were designed to eliminate noise. I traded my first guitar back to Duane for a later model. It had complete mica underside with a wood veneered lacquer finish in burnt orange. We just wanted to see (hear!) what it would sound like(705 blade pick-ups). Sounded good! The L710 pick-up sounds great in just about any guitar...am planning to put one in my Magnum, I prefer humbuckers. Anyway, enjoy your new guitar and play it good! Regards,RK😉