| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  *** Branson Steel Guitar "Extravaganza"***
Dino Strunk

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2024 11:36 am    

Hey, Everyone!!!

Dino Strunk, former lead guitarist from the ISGC staff band here! Smile

There is a brand-new classy restaurant and dance hall here in Branson, Mo. called "Wrangler’s Star Studded Honky Tonk". It's something that Branson has needed for a LONG time! It's been way over 20 years since Branson has had a place to enjoy a great meal, have a drink, listen to, and dance to a great live "COUNTRY" band that actually features twin fiddles and of course, STEEL GUITAR! I play lead guitar in the band, and I'm very proud to be a part of it!

Now for the even more exciting part!!!

The owner, Jim Huson, is a huge fan of steel guitar and traditional country music in general. And he has handed Dean Holman, Wayne Massengale, and I the reigns of putting together the first annual BRANSON STEEL GUITAR "EXTRAVAGANZA"!

This special two-day event will feature some of the best steel guitarists around! Along with these players, an excellent staff band, and some incredible vocalists, we also have 3 great headliner players coming in to help kick off this event!!

JOE WRIGHT
STEVE PALOUSEK
and
SARAH JORY (all the way from England)
will be here to kick things off!

YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!!

Saturday, July 13th
Sunday, July 14th

The fun starts at 10am on both days!

Reservations are first come-first serve, so be sure to call Wranglers at:(417)544-1405 to get your tickets ordered quickly, as this show will most likely sell out!

Jim Huson will also have a WRANGLERS booth at the upcoming TSGA Jamboree in Dallas, so be sure to look him up for more information!

Check out the information on the included brochure images and make your plans...and... We'll see you in JULY!!! Very Happy

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2024 12:45 pm    

Got my Hotel and show reservations handed. Thanks Dino.
Dino Strunk

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2024 9:50 am    

*** REMINDER ***
Tickets are selling fast for this event! So if you're interested in going, please don't wait around. Call Wranglers and secure your reservations TODAY!!! The same can be said for the rooms at the Bransinn! We're really looking forward to this great show!!

Contact info can be found above in the promo information.

Thanks, everyone! Smile

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2024 5:52 am    

Dino Strunk wrote:
*** REMINDER ***
Tickets are selling fast for this event! So if you're interested in going, please don't wait around. Call Wranglers and secure your reservations TODAY!!! The same can be said for the rooms at the Bransinn! We're really looking forward to this great show!!

Contact info can be found above in the promo information.

Thanks, everyone! Smile

Still can't believe you invited me to play at this Dino, but honored that you did, and seeing the line up you assembled, know that I made the right decision to decline your offer. Would still have loved to coming even if just to hear the great players who WILL be playing there.
Blessings, much success and have a great show.
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Dino Strunk

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2024 11:25 am    

Tickets are selling FAST for this event!!

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 31 May 2024 6:59 am    

This is going to be a lot of fun and great music. I can't wait.
Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 17 Jun 2024 4:49 pm     Latest Update

Dino Strunk wrote:
Hey, everyone! Very Happy

I just thought I would come on here and bring everyone up to date about happenings with the Branson Steel Guitar "Extravaganza" coming up soon on July 13-14, 2024 being held at "Wranglers Star-Studded Honky-tonk".

Tickets are still available, although they are going fast! It is certain to be a sell-out, so definitely call Wranglers at (417)544-1405 and get your reservations made!

UPDATES:

Unfortunately, due to a scheduling conflict, Gene Mulvaney had to cancel his performance at the B.S.G.E. this year. But we hope to have him join us again for next year!

That said, we have added a few steel guitar show "favorites" to our line-up!

Ron and Leona Williams will be appearing at the B.S.G.E. this year and will be joining up with Dean Holman on his set!!

Also: the legendary JUNIOR BROWN will be performing this year as well!!

Just Junior, Ron, and Leona alone are more than worth the price of admission!!!

So get your tickets now if you haven't already!!

Show location and contact information:

Wranglers Star Studded Honky Tonk
625 State HWY 165
Branson, Mo. 65616
(417)544-1405

HOTEL INFORMATION:

"Bransinn" is pretty much sold out on rooms already, but there are many hotels close to the venue to choose from. There are also campgrounds located close by for those of you with RVs! With that being said, feel free to contact Ed at "Bransinn" to check on any room availability. That number is (417)231-1099. The address is: 3010 Green Mountain Drive, Branson, Mo. 65616.
USE CODE: LKMSHUS to receive your discounted rate.

We can't wait to see you all here at "Wranglers"! It's going to be a GREAT show!!! I will be posting the player schedule shortly so be looking for it!

See you then!! Smile

Dino*

Please note the 3-thread limit per event.
Leon Champion

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2024 6:31 am     Branson

Dino ,What showes have steel guitar in the band other than the Presleys?
Dino Strunk

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2024 8:18 am    

There are a couple shows over at the Grand Country Music Hall that have designated steel players in them. And there are a few shows around town that have utility players who play some steel on the shows. We also have Robby Springfield, who plays steel for us at Wrangler's. Other than those, there may be a few others, but I'm not aware of them.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2024 1:12 pm     Showes

thanks Dino
David D White

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2024 3:05 pm     Sounds great!

Found out about the event from a live video I had from Wayne Massengale on my Facebook page. Looks like you have the cream of the crop for the event. All the best. Dave and Cathy.
Darrell Criswell

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2024 1:32 pm    

Show was great! Everything went on time and the players and band were great.
Dino did a fabulous job with the show. There was good but not great attendance. Thanks so much for the great show!
Jasmyn Kelley

Oklahoma,USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2024 2:12 pm    

I only got to stop in for a couple of hours Saturday but it was great! We came in just in time for Junior Brown and Sarah Jory’s performance. Wrangler’s and the band were awesome! I hope y’all do this again next year, we would love to come stay for the whole show. We also plan on coming back for some dancing soon!
Dino Strunk

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2024 2:24 pm    

I'm trying to figure out where to start on this post because there's so much that I really want to say. So I'm just going to start with a big THANK YOU to everyone who came to our first, (and hopefully many more to come), Wranglers "steel guitar extravaganza" this weekend!
Wow!!! What a great event it was! As always, when you try to start something new, you never really know what to expect at first. But honestly, with the exception of a few small hiccups, which there's always going to be one or two, I thought everything went excellent! And I sure hope that all the attendees enjoyed themselves!
I want to say a big thank you to all the players:
Michael T Hermsmeyer, Jacob King, Steve and Donna Palousek, Joe Wright, Sarah Jory, Robby Springfield, Junior Brown and his wife Tanya, Ron Williams, Leona B Williams, and my partner in crime for this event, Dean Holman! You all knocked it out of the park, and it's an honor to have you on the stage, and an even bigger honor to get to work with you all and consider you friends!!

Thank you to the wonderful staff band: Garrett Massengale, Wayne Massengale, Ric Boyer, James Jinkerson, Jeff Culver, and Grace Partridge for all of their hard work and for the many hours put in working on the material so we can try our best to pull it off without any chance for a rehearsal! You all are the best, and I'm proud to get to work with you!
To the guest entertainers:
Melody Hart, Dillon Massengale, Stevie Lee Woods, Travis Scott, Russ Wever, Max King, and Steve Duncan! Thank you all for coming in and playing a part in this show! Special thanks to Travis and Wayne for helping with the emcee work as well!
Big thank you to Phil Morris for coming in and running sound and doing his best to make us sound the best that we can! You're the man, Phil!
And a very special thank you to all the Massengale family, Jim Huson, and all the staff at Wranglers for making this happen!! What a wonderful venue to have an event like this!
I'm really hoping I didn't leave anybody out, but I'm sure there's a chance that I did. Just know it's not intentional and all of your hard work was very much appreciated!
There's a lot of work behind the scenes that goes into pulling off an event like this! And you all made it happen! Many blessings to all of you, and good Lord willing, let's do it even bigger and better again next year!! Much love to you all! Dino*

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2024 3:20 pm    

Dino, it was a spectacular event. Jean and I enjoyed every minute of the show. The players were in top form and your band kicked it up to another level. Thanks to you Dean and all the staff for a wonderful weekend of real country music.