| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton power supply question
Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2024 3:49 am    

The steel I got yesterday came with a Hilton low-profile volume pedal. But there’s no power supply for it. In all my years I’ve never owned a Hilton so I don’t know if it takes a generic 9-bolt power supply or an 18-volt or???

What do I use?

Thanks!
Fred Thompson

Zephyrhills, FL
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2024 4:51 am     Hilton power supply

Eric, it takes a 24 volt supply. Call Keith Hilton and he'll ship one to you.
Fred

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2024 7:27 am    

Original to Hilton pedal.
Robert Simms

Austin, TX
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2024 7:32 am    

These also work...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JDQANUI?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2024 8:29 am    

Please note polarity is center + for this p/s. Need to make that distinction if using a generic power supply as most of the stomp units are center neg.
Paul Travis

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2024 8:54 am    

would this work? https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-100-240V-Converter-Transformer-5-5x2-5mm/dp/B0896Y8181/
Fred Thompson

Zephyrhills, FL
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2024 11:58 am     Hilton power supply

I wouldn't take a chance on anything but a Hilton power supply.. JMHO

North Georgia
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2024 12:15 pm    

Any of the correct voltage and polarity power supplies will work fine. I've had quite a few of the Hilton petals with different supplies and Telonics pedals. I'm sure they're "all" made in China and Japan.

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2024 12:42 pm    

I've had 2 power supplies fail on gigs, so I carry a spare. Fortunately, I carried a spare volume pedal (Goodrich LDR2, which I no longer own).
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2024 5:36 pm     from the man.....

Keith Hilton wrote:
Here is the story from the horse's mouth: Laughing I have been using the Phihong power supplies since 2009, with excellent results and few failures. I have learned a few things over the last 15 years building guitar pedals, with over 19,000 in use world wide. Here are some of the things you need to know; A regulated power supply is not a simple transformer. A regulated power supply has electronic parts inside, whereas a transformer is just copper wire wound around a magnet. You should turn off a regulated power supply when not in use. Almost all regulated power supply failures come from damage,or stress, on the power cord. Power cords are tripped over, walked on, and crushed with pack a seats. The wires inside power cords are small. Many times the power cord looks good on the outside, when wires are damaged inside. It may not be "YOU" who tripped over the power cord, it could be your drummer, when you were not looking.
I do not warranty power supplies. Now about replacements: The Hilton pedal requires 24 volts DC regulated. The tip size is 2.1X5.5mm, and the tip is positive. The Hilton pedal only draws 30.8 mili-amps current. I charge $24.00 for a power supply plus $6.00 priority shipping. Radio Shack has turned into a phone store,not a parts house. If you want a wide choice of parts,the two biggest sources are Digi Key and Mouser. Google these names and their web sites will come up. You can order power supplies directly from them. Before you order any power supply for any piece of equipment, you need to understand the words "regulated" and "non regulated". Knowing the meaning of these two words can mean the difference in something working or not working. It could also determine if you smell smoke or do not smell smoke. Hope this information helps.

Best to read this thread.

I'm not sure if Keith used different power supplies with other values in later years so be sure to look on the pedal for the info.

If you have any questions or you are uncertain, contact Keith Hilton directly. You can find his contact info on this forum.

Linky to complete thread:
https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=231657&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tell+hilton++low+profile&start=0