| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  FenderPedal Volume/Tone NOW $99 Shipped Lower 48
Kevin Swan

Medina, Ohio
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2024 3:24 pm    

This is a Fullerton California Fender combination volume and tone pedal. Pedal up and down for volume, slide foot pedal right and left for tone. I know, right? Some wacky stuff came out of the minds of those Fender dudes, and this sure is one of them. But just imagine the pedalboard space you'll gain. Why, this could replace every stomp in your entire arsenal!

LOWERED PRICE! $99 includes shipping to Lower 48 US States.

Full disclosure: The string is not orginal. So? NOT pre-CBS. NOT blackface. NOT drip-edge. Likely string from my buddy's ball of twine, but he did a bang-up job knotting this baby back to working condition. I'd recommend perhaps finding out just what they DID use back in those carefree days and replacing the string. (I will re-mount the back plate, only removed so you could see the artistry of the string-meister.)

Last edited by Kevin Swan on 1 Feb 2024 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Tim Whitlock

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2024 5:45 pm    

The string looks just like that originally used. The only difference is the string at the back tied onto a small hook inside but no reason it shouldn't work the way it's tied. These pedals are great for that Speedy West doo-wah trick. Good luck!
Kevin Swan

Medina, Ohio
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2024 5:50 am     Strings and things?

Thanks for your comment, Tim. Yeah, it works it just isn’t quite as “artfully done” as the original. I have a bit of the original string from when it broke and it kinda looks to me that it was waxed or coated or something? Not sure but the picture shows how it is right now. Just wanted to make sure everything was disclosed. (For that matter, I have no idea if that even WAS the original string. Had to be a half century old when I dug it out of the guitar shop bin!)

(Just remembered: After I bought it I discovered it had been sold to the store by a dear friend with whom I had a jazz duo back in the mists of time.)

I think Fender also did a reproduction of this pedal since the 60’s, but it doesn’t say “Fullerton California” on the stomp. Wonder if anyone’s tried that one and what the new one has or doesn’t have that the original had.

Post  Posted 1 Feb 2024 8:15 am    

On the re-issue, the input and outputs are on opposite sides, which makes it a pain to use with pedal steel.
Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2024 8:10 am    

Kevin, is this still available?

Medina, Ohio
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2024 5:42 pm     Pedal still available

The pedal is still ready to be shipped to its new home and another loving caretaker. Let's keep Leo Fender's quirky vision alive!