| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dekley knee lever mount
Ronald Peery

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2024 9:11 am    

The LKR lever mount on my Dekley sd-10 has stripped threading in the screw hole so I am unable to tighten it around the cross shaft. According to the Dekley owner's manual, this part is called the knee lever extension arm (part # SK-127). Does anyone happen to have an extra one of these parts they would be willing to sell to me? My part looks a bit different than some of the drawings in the owner's manual but I'm sure either would work fine. Or does anyone know if possibly a different brand of knee lever mount could even work? The cross shafts on mine are round and 3/8". Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Philip Mitrakos

The Beach South East Florida
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2024 1:45 pm    

Barry Coker can machine you a new one , mail it to him , but by the looks of the round shaft , it looks like it has a flat area that looks like it needs a set screw thru the lever pinching the flat area on the round shaft, if what looks like a flat area on the round
Is infact round , take the allen head bolt out , drill all the way thru , and put a bolt all the way thru to the other side and put a locking nut on .
Post a picture of how how the pull rod bell cranks tighten to the cross shaft, I think your needing a set screw on the knee lever ,
Ronald Peery

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2024 3:09 pm    

Philip,

You are correct, there is a flat area on the cross shaft and all the bellcranks do have set screws in them. This makes me think the knee lever mounts on my guitar are not stock because none of mine have a hole for a set screw.
Bill Johnson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2024 11:13 am    

Ronald,
I have a 1978 D10 that has the same type of lever mounts as you pictured.
The bell cranks that I have do not have a set screw in them. they have the same allen screw on the bottom like the lever mount has.
I believe you probably have a transitional "Slim Line" model which started in 1979, and they were just using up the parts they had on hand.
I have had a number of the allen screws strip on mine caused by heavy use.
All I had to do was re-tap the threads in the screw hole with a larger size.
The original size was 8-32". I re-tapped with a 10-32" and it's been working fine.
I did have one bell crank that was so wallowed out that I had to use a 1/4-28 thread.
Hope this helps.
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2024 5:40 pm    

Also note that there is a key on the cross shaft and in the bell crank. It's not just a plain round cross shaft.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.