| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Beard 7- String Reso Price Dropped
Carter Giegerich

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2022 10:49 am    

*Edited 2/7/24*

I posted this guitar a couple years back and didn't get any takers, but I've got my eye on an open back banjo and I need to sell some instruments to finance it so I've dropped the price on it.

This is a Beard 8-string set up as a 7-string, with a 7-string nut and a modified Fishman Nashville pickup installed (see photos below). This guitar belonged to my dad, and he gigged on it a good bit so you'll see some wear in the images I've included but there's nothing structurally wrong with it - just your normal finish blemishes you'd expect from an instrument that sees regular use in a live setting.

I'm asking $2800 cash, but I'm willing to consider offers within reason.

I've recorded some sound samples of the instrument's acoustic voice and the sound of the pickup run through an IR of a Beard Josh Swift model that I use live here - https://youtu.be/A7DYJpwULQY. I think it has an extremely pleasant, even tone, and it's a very comfortable, playable guitar. It's fairly loud already, and it's been at least 10 years since it had a new cone put in it so I'd expect you'd see a pretty appreciable increase in volume if you had a new one dropped in it.

This is a fairly unique instrument, but I'm happy to answer any questions as best as I can. I live in Western North Carolina, near Asheville, and would strongly prefer to sell this instrument to someone who can pick it up near there or meet me in the Southeast to pick it up rather than trying to ship it. I will also be traveling pretty extensively through New England, the midwest and parts of Texas in October/November, so if we can arrange to meet sometime in that time window I'm sure that would be possible too. Also willing to figure out shipping if absolutely necessary, but I'd prefer to avoid it if I can.

You can reach me by email at carter.giegerich@gmail.com with any questions or if you're interested in buying.

Also, just for fun, here's a video of my dad playing it back in the day, since he knew how to use the extra string a whole lot better than I do - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXjeBhuaiM.

Last edited by Carter Giegerich on 7 Feb 2024 5:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Carter Giegerich

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2024 5:49 am     Bump

Bump
Carter Giegerich

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2024 6:27 am    

Ttt