| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  13/16 bars on pedal steel
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2023 7:31 pm    

I've found out that my Clinesmith bar is a 13/16 diameter bar and I'm wondering if any pedal steel players have used the 13/16 bar on pedal steel because I'm going to try it out on my Jackson steel. I know a lot of players use 7/8 and 15/16, so I'm curious as to how 13/16 bars work on pedal steel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2023 7:34 am    

Yeah I changed to a bigger diameter bar; Bill Stroud made for me probably 20 years ago...and I NEVER looked back; I loved the better control I had with it...and slowed down my Vibrato(easier to roll the bar) and more able to pick it up and down of hammer-ons and sustain was much better> so I say: YES You will love 13/16" and/or 15/16".
Ricky
Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2023 7:30 pm    

That small diameter bar would be for someone with small hands and fingers.

The size of your fingers and hands need to be considered when selecting a bar. Large fingers need a larger diameter bar.

Somewhere here on the forum Mr. Franklin has a article on selecting the proper size bar to fit your hand, In length and diameter both, For better Control.
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2023 7:43 pm    

Bobby D. Jones wrote:
That small diameter bar would be for someone with small hands and fingers.

The size of your fingers and hands need to be considered when selecting a bar. Large fingers need a larger diameter bar.

Somewhere here on the forum Mr. Franklin has a article on selecting the proper size bar to fit your hand, In length and diameter both, For better Control.

I've been watching the video, and it's awesome! The reason I was wondering is because I have cerebral palsy in my left hand and use a polymer bar that is 13/16-my fingers are pretty small on my left hand, and was wondering how well it would work for pedal steel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger