| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Henry Matthews
billy tam

baton rouge, louisiana
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2023 2:07 pm    

Went to Texarkana yesterday to pick up my recently acquired push/pull I had shipped to Henry to check out and add a vertical lever. Other than being one of the nicest guys on this planet he is also a fine fiddler and Steeler as well as a fine mechanic. The guitar was a different axe when I tried it. I had my friend and fine steeler Brad Chance with me with one of his Zum’s for Henry to tweak which he did in a few minutes and we were back on the road for the 5 hour trip back to Baton Rouge. Well worth the trip. Wonderful mechanic musician and I’m to be a friend. If you need work on a guitar you can’t go wrong.
Billy
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2023 7:43 pm    

Henry is the man , he restored and brought back to life more abused and destroyed guitars for me , than I can count … he is a great guy, steel guitar mechanic, and a dear friend …here are just a few guitars Henry restored , all of those came to me as basket cases, got one of them he even had to built a brand new cabinet for … I’d buy basket case , abused guitar ( mostly old push pulls) and finance the rebuilding process, and Henry would do the work , I don’t think I ever made any money on any of those guitars, at the end , but we did save and bring back to life at least 10-15 vintage guitars that were on their way out 😊