| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  C6 with Emmons copedent - two extra pedals
Phil Iacone

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2023 1:36 pm    

I have a ‘95 GFI U-12 (7 pedals, 5 knee levers) I converted to an Emmons C6 copedent 10 string. Read that he had a guitar at home where P4 changed the low E to F so that’s what I’m using the vertical knee lever for.
Initially took off the first two pedals since they don’t have a place in that copedent, but now I’m brainstorming uses for them.
Anybody have extra touches to their C6 that can be implemented with the two additional pedals I’ll likely add back?
Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2023 1:49 pm    

Can't find a link, but Doug Jernigan has a very interesting replacement for the conventional P4.
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2023 3:10 pm    

I raise both Es to F on pedal 4 while some guys opt for a "reverse pedal 6" raising the low E to F and lowering the high E to Eb. some will also raise string 10 to D which means the pedal can also be thought of as a "minor pedal 5" but if you've got 2 extra pedals, I recommend having the string 10 raise by itself on the next pedal over.

my vertical raises As to Bb and my LKR raises Cs to D (minus string 10). those 2 levers can be used together like A and B pedals on E9. with Es raised to F, the 2 levers take you from an F chord to Bb in open position

Toronto, Ontario
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2023 10:03 am    

Lowering 5G to --F is a beautiful change, I think sometimes called the 'Maurice pedal' as it was on the Bb6 set ups more commonly. Creates a nice semitone maj7 tension with the E string below it. That semitone tension on two separate strings is what the standard pedal 4 does very well ( A to ++B beside the C strings). That standard pedal 4 might also be a consideration for your coped. Good luck.