| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nux effects
Wayne Steppy

Fort Worth Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2023 5:32 am    

Anyone have opinions on Nux Atlantic delay pedal or the Nux Cerebus for pedal steel guitar? I see a lot of the Atlantic delay pedals for sale here and want to make sure it's not because they're awful. I play pedal steel , lap steel, and some guitar so the Cerberus seems like it could be a handy way to slim down rigs. Thanks!
Ken Metcalf

San Antonio Texas USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2023 6:49 am    

Nux Atlantic delay pedal works okay for me.
Steven Pearce

Port Orchard Washington, USA
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2023 10:10 am    

Another vote for The Atlantic. I’ve had one on my board for some time now.
No problems, no complaints.

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 2 Dec 2023 11:50 am    

I love my Atlantic. I also have a Nu-X Mini Super Chorus (+ flanger & pitch modulation) that is pretty cool.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
George Seymour

Notown, Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2023 5:46 am    

One of the groups I’m working with does this song;

https://music.amazon.com/albums/B0BHXKQ1W6?do=play&trackAsin=B0BHXKN9XG&ref=dm_sh_OSDkvotE9QarlFpkFprlH2KdJ

I’ve dabbled with overdrive/fuzz pedal's before and didn’t feel very good about them… so as this group has gained traction, I ordered a Ibanez tube screamer and a NUX steel singer. Returned the tube screamer, the NUX Steel Singer works great, yes NUX is a good source of effects pedals… not every manufacturer will satisfy every customer.. as usual, depends on what you want to hear
Ray DeVoe

Hudson, FL
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2023 6:36 am     NUX Atlantic pedal

The Nux Atlantic pedal works fine for most of my playing work. I still have some terrific tube preamps in racks with Lexicon MPX 1 rack effects but most of the time, simpler is better for what I currently do. I played yesterday at a jam and had a terrific sound with the "mix and match" setup as follows.

Zum Steel > Telonics volume pedal > Nux Atlantic > Sarno Classic tube preamp > into a 15" powered cabinet with JBL K 130 speaker.

I do have one negative to report on the Nux pedal. I have a couple of these and they all seem to have the same issue. The issue is that they dont always boot up the first time when the power is first turned on. I usually end up unplugging the "One spot" power supply to the Nux and then plugging it back in again and then its good to go. I realize that we are talking about a $150 pedal and I just work around the issue.

Other than that, they work great for me. Anyone else have this issue or a possible "fix". I confess that I have never performed the updates on any of the Nux units that I have.

RD
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2023 9:34 am    

Just ordered a Nu-X Tubeman Mk2. A Tube Screamer type clone. I was fairly impressed with the demos I saw, along with Tube Screamer clone demos from other manufacturers.

Quote:
the NUX Steel Singer works great

I was going to get a Steel Singer but got a Wampler Euphoria before I really checked out the Steel Singer. I Googled Dumble pedals, and the Euphoria kept coming up as one of the best. But the Steel Singer really impresses me from the demos I saw.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.