| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  North-East Ohio Pedal Steel Teacher?
Kevin Swan

Medina, Ohio
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2023 11:55 am    

I had one lesson from a great younger guy but am no longer able to reach him; either I'm too much of a PITA or he's moseyed on to greener pastures. (Did see him play with his band a while later and he asked about my playing, so I think he'd remember me. Or maybe, as the kids say, he's "ghosting" me?)

At any rate, Hummingbird Music is too far south for me as I would really like a face-to-face hands-on lesson. I suppose I would consider myself "intermediate" as I know most of the basic, easy stuff but would like to learn much more. I did try some of the on-line stuff and will continue with that but in-person is preferrable. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2023 8:30 am    

Try forum member Daniel Morris. He’s in Westlake, so not far from you. He might be the guy you’re talking about, I don’t know. Other than him and a few other guys he might know, you’d be lucky to find anybody that even know what a pedal steel is. I grew up in Avon Lake, so I know a little bit about the area 😉
Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2023 5:17 pm    

There is a Forum Member Gary Lambillotte, That lives in Medina, OH. I bought a guitar from him, He may know a local player who teaches steel.
Rick Kornacker

Dixon Springs, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2023 11:02 am     Maybe Mike W.

Hey Kevin! Might want to check out Mike Wilson, a forumite. He's in Mansfield. Might be worth a short drive if he's into it You can tell him that I recommend him as a fine player(and old acquaintance). Regards,RK😎

Medina, Ohio
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2023 11:43 am     Lessons

Thanks all for your kind responses. I've reached out to a few of the locals... and still haven't given up on my original teacher. Things come up in life, I get it. Just like to get in some teachin' and learnin' during Ohio's colder months.

Xenia, Ohio
Post  Posted 1 Dec 2023 10:24 am     Psg teacher

Hello, you could always contact Steel Guitars Ohio. They maybe could help you.
Very nice folks . I believe they are in Kent…