| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  typcial weight of D10 pedal steels ??
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2023 12:52 pm    

I currently have my Pedalmaster D10 up for sale (actually sale pending). The body of this steel weighs 35.8 pounds, that is not including the legs, pedal bar and of course rods. My question is...is that unusually heavy for a D10. I owned an EXCEL D10 and I never weighed it, but I thought it was very light for a D10,,,seemed as light as some SD10s I had owned. Those of you who have experience, please chime in to help out...maybe my chances of finding a lighter weight D10 are not reasonable..what is the lightest weight D10 that you have owned that was a good steel.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments...Maybe I am just getting old, too old for a D10.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2023 2:17 pm    

Williams keyless D10 8+5 is 36 lbs. I'm not sure of the weight of the case they ship with these days. Excel is very lightweight as well. Those two are the lightest D10 pedal steels I'm aware of.

I let a keyless Williams 400 get away that was the most totable and at 28 1/2 in. the smallest footprint of any guitar I've ever owned. Played and sounded very nice. I was always amazed seeing the petite cased up guitar after being used to even standard sized Emmons type guitars.

Though I have no actual experience playing Excel guitars, if I were in the market for a lightweight steel, Williams and Excel are the 2 I would consider first.
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2023 2:23 pm    

GFI guitars are quite lightweight too

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2023 8:07 am    

I just shipped an Emmons push/pull, in the case it weighed 63 pounds.
Erv
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2023 10:26 am    

According to my bathroom scale, my Carter D10 with 8p/8k weighs 61.7 pounds in the case.

🥵
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2023 11:01 am    

Back in the mid-1970s I had a beautiful MSA D-10 that weighed at least 150 pounds in the case!

Laughing

~Lee
Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2023 5:56 am    

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=235666&highlight=weight