| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Live performance of my band - instrumental pedal steel
Alex Cattaneo

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2023 5:48 am    

Here’s a video of my band, with excellent audio: the venue made a multitrack recording, so I was able to mix it properly.

https://youtu.be/IPadZgR_9sQ?si=UcZsd6oI1QFEUykC

I’m really happy to share this and hear what people in the pedal steel community think of it. We played a lot this summer and fall, and this was our last outing, just a few weeks ago, so the band is about as cohesive as it can be. I’ve been on a mission to bring the pedal steel to new audiences, and so far the response as been wonderful.
Nate Hahn

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2023 1:52 pm    

Hey Alex,

Very tasteful ensemble playing, nice work. One of the many wonderful things this instrument can do is set a mood, and I think you're doing that well. Glad to hear the audiences are appreciating it too.
Wayne Quinn

Cape Breton.NovaScotia
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2023 6:32 am    

Hey Alex way cool man sounds really pretty awesome sound

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2023 2:14 pm    

Thank you for listening guys! Much appreciated!
Joachim Kettner

Germany
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2023 8:10 am    

I like it

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Dec 2023 1:20 pm     Amazing sound

Alex, I liked the cut. The steel sounds awesome and the band is tight! Nice to expand the steel out from the "country " mindset.
Alex Cattaneo

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2023 10:21 am     Culture Vulture

Thank you both for the positive feedback!

Here's another piece from the same concert, one that really exemplifies what we're doing as a group, where a couple of simple ideas are turned into a whole improvised journey. It's different every time we play it, yet we always stick the landing somehow! This one is titled "Culture Vulture"

https://youtu.be/4zZxris6Yfc?si=zScshW_R3Sgi22Qk
Richard Smelker

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2023 12:26 pm     Wow

Alex, I left a comment on your YouTube page but MAN, that other song "Culture Vulture" is fantastic. It's a tribute to the fact that steel guitar isn't "old country" only. You do a fantastic job on it and it showcases the bass and drummer's abilities too. I want more to listen to!! Let me know where I can get CD's or downloads. what was the additional unit you had next to the steel? was it an extra sound module or synth? I can't get over the sound you were getting from the steel.

Great Job!!
Alex Cattaneo

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2023 2:42 pm    

Richard, here is the link to purchase our full length album on Bandcamp:

https://cattaneo.bandcamp.com/album/releveler

As far as the sound itself, I guess the main ingredient is stereo delays and reverbs. I have a small pedalboard on a custom-made stand so that I can tweak, adjust, loop while I’m playing.

The Line6 DL4 MKii, which I use for both delays and reverbs, splits to a Quilter mini 101 reverb and a Quilter UK Superblock into a 12” cab fitted with an EPS-12C.

The other thing is that we don’t play loud. We play close to one another and hardly use any monitoring on stage.