| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Midnight in Old Amarillo
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2023 9:29 am    

I used to play this tune and like it a lot. It seems to fit nicely on A6th in order to get that nice drone sound in the key of E. i am not sure I have it completely right, so if anyone has a tab for it (non pedal, of course) I would like to buy it.
I do know that BE played it on E9th pedal and somewhere I have that arrangment, but cant find it.
Thanks in advance.

I love this tune !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=husfJPu2xPk
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Guy Cundell

More idle ramblings from South Australia
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2023 2:27 pm    

Larry, I think the original was on Leon's E13. I might have an arrangement of that somewhere.
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2023 4:02 pm    

Guy
thanks for that information...I use Don helms E13 but I could easily retune to Leons E13

If you would run across that arrangement I would enjoy getting it and would of course pay you for it.

if you find it, send me a pm and i will give you my direct email address.

Thanks again.
Larry
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Guy Cundell

Post  Posted 24 Oct 2023 3:33 am    

Larry, I had a look but couldn't find a tab. I was playing it a while back on E13 but after a closer listen, I think I was up the wrong path and that A6 was what Billy Bowman used. The moving line could be played on various strings but the bottom notes of chords in the last bars of the A section (8 & 9) nail it down.

Here is Billy Bowman's original track with Wills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=husfJPu2xPk

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2023 7:49 am    

Guy
Thank you so much for your time and effort to post that !

Exactly what I needed !
Guy Cundell

Post  Posted 24 Oct 2023 8:35 pm    

No worries, Larry. It was good to be prompted to look closely at such a great tune!