| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Push Pull Changer/Under Pics
David Mills

California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2023 11:39 am    

Hi there, I was curious if any of my fellow Push Pull players would be willing to share some pictures of their changers and undercarriage. Especially if you have some of the more modern changes (ala Franklin/Johnson/White). I've been debating on trying some of these changes on my P/P but would really like to see everyone's different methods of doing some of these changes and any changes I may not have, or seen before, heck even the ones I do have that may be done differently. I also thought it could be a cool resource for anyone looking for the same. My apologies if this has been done before. I did a few searches and didn't find anything quite like this yet. Thanks!!!

David Mills
Earnest Bovine

Los Angeles CA USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2023 3:59 pm    

I put up a video showing how to get 2 independently tunable half-stops on the same knee lever on a push/pull :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlXL6eYaAQ
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2023 7:54 pm    

Here's the undercarriage of a '74 that I restored a year ago. I have some close-ups if you want to see something specific.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
David Mills

California, USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2023 11:46 am    

Darvin Willhoite wrote:
Here's the undercarriage of a '74 that I restored a year ago. I have some close-ups if you want to see something specific.

Darvin, thank you so much!!! Thats beautiful work!!! WOuld love to see some close ups if thats not too much hassle. Whats the copedent on this one? ALso, whats going on with that middle knee lever? Never seen one in that position.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2023 7:17 pm    

Here's more pics David. I use two RKL's, an inside and an outside. I also make my own feel stops, they are the black knobs with a spring behind it you can see in some of the pics.

MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.