| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Extended E9 strings
Claire Winter

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2023 10:54 am    

I'm converting my Williams U-12 to extended E9 from standard U12. At 76 years old I'll be lucky to get on top of E9 much less try to dive into B6. My question is finding string sets for the Extended E9: I found a set on Amazon from SGN: GHS custom set. I'd like to contact SGN to order several sets at once to save on $4.00 per set shipping. Anyone have a contact email for SGN? I don't do Facebook so that won't work. Any other sources for Extended E9 strings? Thanks much for any info!
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2023 11:40 am    

Claire -- don't blame you a bit re: ext E9 vs Uni. It sounds like a well-considered call.

I've heard of SGN but I don't know anything about it. FWIW, out of curiosity I put a pack in my shopping cart and increased the quantity one at a time and rather than add $4 shipping per item, the increase was only incremental.

An alternative -- I buy my strings at juststrings.com (I buy all my individual gauges in 12 packs). I'm familiar with all their options. You could buy standard 10 string sets and buy as many single strings as you need to fill the two low gauge strings.

Just throwing some options at you.
Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2023 5:29 am    

When I was selling strings, I made up custom sets.

I am now sending all my customers to Malcolm Kirby. He follows the same business model I used.

Give him a try.

bigmalcolm@bellsouth.net
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2023 6:47 am    

Nobody makes complete Ext E9 sets. Like others have mentioned, I order standard 10-string E9 sets from the Forum store and add the .042 and .054 singles. Shipping is for the whole order, not individual purchases.
Larry Ball

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2023 7:37 am    

When I had my extended E9 I purchased the .42 and .54 strings from the Forum Store. You can also order single strings from the manufacturer like D’Addario. I used the NYXL 12/38. Psg then added the .42 and .54.

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2023 5:10 pm    

Thanks so much, guys! I'll follow up on all your suggestions. I just finished re-rodding my Williams, whew; good thing I'm mechanically adept, and kudos to Williams for making changes pretty easy.
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2023 1:49 pm    

I would try Live Steel Strings. they will customize your order, and service is very quick. ask for Jordan.
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2023 1:56 pm    

Live Steel Strings:

https://www.lsstrings.com/store/c6/Extended_E9_Sets.html

Jagwire also has them.

https://www.jagwirestrings.com/shop.html
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
Fred Treece

California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2023 3:55 pm    

Thanks, Richard!
I got tired of looking on the Jagwire site, but there they are down near the end of my scrolling patience 😎
Daniel Haymore

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2023 10:06 am    

I use Stringjoy to order my Ext E-9 sets. Can get whatever custom set you want.