| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey Session 400
Eddie Harper

Fairfield, Ohio
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2023 6:42 pm    

I have a Nashville 1000 that quit working and planning on using it as a cab speaker. My Session 400 has 2 External speaker jacks. Can I use the #2 Speaker jack to power the 1000? Does the input volume of the 400 control how loud the cab is? Do I need to invest in a small inexpensive Power amp? Thanks Eddie
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2023 6:55 pm     Re: Peavey Session 400

Eddie Harper wrote:
I have a Nashville 1000 that quit working and planning on using it as a cab speaker. My Session 400 has 2 External speaker jacks. Can I use the #2 Speaker jack to power the 1000? Does the input volume of the 400 control how loud the cab is? Do I need to invest in a small inexpensive Power amp? Thanks Eddie

You can only hook a speaker up to the speaker jack of the N400. So you’ll have to unhook the N1000 amp from its speaker, attach a cable to that speaker, and then plug that into the ext speaker jack of the N400.
Eddie Harper

Fairfield, Ohio
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2023 7:31 pm     Session 400

Hi Donnie, Thanks for the Info. At the moment there is nothing in the N1000 but the speaker leads going to a 1/4 inch Jack. All the other circuitry has been removed. Can I use the external speaker jack #2 on the Session 400 to power the speaker in the 1000 cab. Thanks Eddie
David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2023 5:16 am    

The session 400 is likely loaded with a 4 ohm speaker as is the NV1000. You can only have a 4 ohm total load so you can’t run both of those speakers. Only if you have 8 ohm speakers in both amps. Running both 4 ohm speakers will result in damaging your session 400. 🙂
Eddie Harper

Fairfield, Ohio
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2023 5:29 am     Peavey

Hi David, Thanks for clearing that up for me. I certainly don't want to mess my session 400 up. Can you recommend an inexpensive power amp that would work? Thanks Eddie
David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2023 6:16 am    

I’m sure some others can chime in…but I’m a fan of Stewart PA series power amps. You can still find them on eBay and reverb. Compact, lightweight, clean tone, and inexpensive! I’m still using them with my equipment. 🙂
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2023 8:37 am    

Another thing you can do if you really like and want to use those 2 speakers and if you're handy with a soldering iron is build a series patch box which will allow you to use those 2 speakers together for a resulting 8 ohms, or whatever other combinations you might want to match.

Takes a plastic project box and a few insulated jacks about $15 worth of parts. This changes your connections from parallel to series.

Here's a discussion on one that Len Amaral built and one I built using the information found here. https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=368679&highlight=series+patch+box

It's a handy little tool to put in your bag of tricks even for future use.