| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Boss Kantana 1x12 100 watt Amp
Ron Ferrier

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2023 8:40 am    

Any steel guitar players having tried the Boss Kantana artist MKll 1X12 100 watt combo amp for tone.Looking for lighter amp as i have 2 nashville 112 that have served me well but looking for a lighter amp.
John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2023 11:28 am    

Ron, I bought one a few months back and found it to be a pretty good amp. It’s light and small, versatile in the power department and very flexible with the effects. I haven’t delved into the computer interface part of it yet but it seems really versatile. I would use the “acoustic” setting for the amp tone selections as a starting point for a decent tone. I use the 50 watt settings for most gigs as our band plays quietly. YMMV. All in all, a great little package for the money.
Ron Lykins

Willard,Oh USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2023 3:27 am     Boss Kantana 1x12 100 watt Amp

Wayne Hobbs has used this amp for a few years and he had a very good sound . He didn't even use any effects. He said a piano friend of his recommened to him.I didn't get to catch any of his shows this year, so I'm not sure if he's still using it or not.
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2023 3:58 am    

I have and use one. Tones are very good and can be dialed in to great with the software from Boss or the Katana App available at Google play. These were all the rage a few years back and there is a number of posts on this Forum about that. Once you learn how to use the amp it will surprise you how good it sounds. Not sure how much weight you are saving. The Nashville is well respected and widely used at steel shows.
Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2023 6:52 am    

Moved to Electronics from Steel on the Web.
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2023 7:25 am    

Enough's been said above.
I bought one for my heavy metal guitarist nephew and had it shipped to me so I could check it out. Straight out of the box I spent maybe 5 minutes playing steel thru it and was convinced that with minimal tweaking it could serve as a steel amp. Sounded a little brittle but I felt confident that if I spent a little time with it (and broke in the speaker) I could dial in what I needed.

Other amps sound better to me. And they cost 3x as much. I have no need for it but if I needed cheap & light, it would be an option.
Philip Mitrakos

The Beach South East Florida
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2023 7:16 am