| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  FS: 1956 Fender Champ Lap Steel /w Original Case
Justin Klapa

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2023 1:28 pm    

Vintage Fender Champ lap steel guitar. Potentiometer date codes show 1956 from the Fender Serial Dater site so that's how I've dated it. Pickup reads 5.59k ohms. Astron capacitor, Switchcraft jack. Serial number under bridge plate reads -01952.

The guitar is in pretty good cosmetic shape for its age. The Fender logo/decal is not present as is the case with a handful I've seen of this age. There are some scratches, paint cracks, dings, scuffs, and light gouges throughout the body but is structurally sound. Some tarnishing on metal hardware.

Tuners are Kluson Deluxe, and some turn with a bit of elbow grease required but tune and hold to C6 without issue.

I believe the case is original 50's tweed and all latches work as they should. Accessories flap has lost a little form on the hinge but still does it's job. I do not have the key.

This is a wonderful piece of Fender guitar history that can still play just as well as the day it was made-- with some more mojo.

Selling because I don't have the chops for it and am looking to finance a new banjo.

(trades could be worked out for an open-back Reiter or Pisgah banjo)

$900 Shipped with PayPal. I can provide hundreds of Reverb, eBay, or Facebook marketplace reviews.

I'm too impatient to upload every single photo (I have many) so I'll upload the full body shot and then link my Craigslist posting. Located in WI.

https://appleton.craigslist.org/msg/d/kimberly-1956-fender-champ-lap-steel/7663142737.html
Justin Klapa

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2023 2:26 pm    

bump