| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bubbles in My Beer Backing Track (in C6)?
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2023 4:12 pm    

Howdy, fellers!

Does anyone have a backing track for "Bubbles in My Beer," in C6?

I believe the tab I have is a John Ely arrangement. Happy to pay for it if the $'s gonna get back to the creator.

Thanks!

--Mark
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2023 9:25 pm    

If you have Ireal Pro, it's on an Ireal Pro playlist called Western Swing 5. It's been awhile since I acquired it and I might have found it on the Ireal Forum using the search engine, if it's not a playlist that comes with the app.
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2023 3:35 am     Thanks, Bob!

I've never heard of Ireal Pro.

Is it worth checking out?
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2023 3:55 am     Re: Thanks, Bob!

Mark Helm wrote:

https://www.irealpro.com/

I think it's great.
Lloyd Graves

New York, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2023 9:18 am     Re: Thanks, Bob!

Mark Helm wrote:

I resisted it for a long time, feeling that, if I'm bringing a tune to a band, I should have it memorized. But they aren't always my tunes, and if everyone has iReal Pro, you can share playlists (groups of songs with chord charts). And set lists. And rearrange your list to the current set list sent by a band leader. And play along to a humdrum backing track for X number of times, which you get to determine. And it is really great. And there are all sorts of lists you can download and edit.
Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2023 1:41 pm    

Mark, Ireal Pro is a useful app that has backing tracks to a lot of Jazz standards and lot's of other styles too. It doesn't sound as good as Band in a Box but a lot of the tracks you find on it sound good and are fun to play along with. Like BIAB, you can write your own progressions and there is a library of rhythm section styles, some good, some not so good. I just listened to the version of Bubbles in My Beer and whoever submitted it had it too slow with a rhythm style that I didn't care for. I bumped up the bpm's to 160 and changed the backing rhythm style to one called Jazz-Medium Up Swing 2 and it sounds good now. Ireal Pro is inexpensive compared to BIAB and I believe costs less than $15. I feel it's a good practice tool. Another place you might be able to find backing tracks for Bubbles in my Beer would be to contact Mike Sweeney, a fellow Steel Forum member. He usually has backing tracks to his instrumental pedal steel cd's and he has a cd that he plays a really nice C6 pedal steel version of Bubbles in my Beer on, so I would bet that he has a backing track cd for sale for it and all the other tunes on that particular cd. Mikes backing tracks have some fantastic Nashville musicians playing on them. I think that you should look into Ireal Pro too, but Mike's tracks are going to be a lot better. I hope you find a version that you like. Here's a demo for Ireal Pro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFhsxDn7o5w