| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  '92 JCH D-10, 9x9
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2023 12:00 pm    

1992 JCH D-10, 9x9. Excellent condition. GeorgeL's PF-I pickups. Finished in Honduran Rosewood formica.

In 1992, Rusty Park ordered 2 identical JCH guitars. Jimmie was looking for a new partner and Rusty was so impressed with this first guitar that he decided to go into business with Jimmie which lasted several years. And so this became the first "Crawford-Park" guitar. Rusty meticulously maintained her for 30 years and was the only owner before selling to me last winter. The only reason I'm selling is because I found another JCH and can only afford to keep one.

Plays like a dream, no mechanical issues whatsoever. Only slight cosmetic flaws: two tiny screwholes in the formica near the nameplate and a barely detectable ding above the first screwhole. Some light hairline scratching in the endplate. See photos.

Includes a 10th pedal with rod and hardware, can be attached in under a minute. The 10th pedal changes are already installed. Also includes a variety of extra JCH parts including pull rods, nylon tuners, bell cranks, cross shafts, vertical knee lever and more. With the 5-lever "Crawford cluster" on E9 and extra pedal and lever included, this guitar can easily be made 10x10 as Jimmie intended! Too many levers? They can be folded up where they'll stay put.

Comes with heavy duty flight case in excellent condition, standard for JCH. The leg bag is made of the same material which lines the case, another nice touch! Recently gone over by Emmons Guitar Co, who can set her up to your exact specs for a small fee. They can also polish the one mismatched lever to match the rest.

Most of you know JCH is one of the finest PSGs ever made, founded by Jimmie Crawford and John Hughey. Jimmie was a master builder (and player) who cut no corners or costs on his creations. As a result, there weren't many more than 200 built in the company's near 25-year history. In addition to Jimmie and John, they've been owned and played by the likes of Buddy Emmons, Lloyd Green, Sonny Garrish, Russ Hicks, Buck Reid, etc. Even after John Hughey left the company, he still referred to JCH as the Rolls Royce of steel guitars.

Asking <strike>$5000</strike> $4800 or best offer. Will ship anywhere, or meet within a reasonable distance from Asheville NC. Nashville is definitely an option.

Last edited by scott murray on 21 Oct 2023 5:45 pm; edited 5 times in total
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2023 7:00 pm    

open to offers!

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2023 4:36 am     Wow !

What a Beast. Really nice deal on a great steel guitar. Good luck with you're sale. Tommy.....
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 21 Sep 2023 1:41 pm    

$5000 or best offer on this monster guitar

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2023 12:53 pm    

got some more info on this guitar so I updated the description

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2023 1:25 pm    

a guitar this good (and rare!) doesn't come along too often

make an offer!

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2023 2:37 pm    

man, i'm so tempted by this guitar, but i think it is too much guitar for me! a certain well known player with the initials p.f. told me if i that if i could ever get my hands on one of these i'd be very happy.
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2023 4:07 pm    

PF was right, Dave Winking I'm not sure why they don't fetch as much as Franklins honestly.

when Mickey Adams helped me get my first JCH he said he'd never seen or heard a bad one and couldn't say that about other brands.

the nice thing about having a loaded guitar is you can use as much or as little of it as you want. the pedals are easily removed/reattached and the levers can be folded up and will stay that way. great for trying out new changes without removing existing ones.

I really can't say enough about this guitar. incredibly solid, positive pedal/lever action. massive tone. great looks in great condition. it's a rare piece of history really, built by one of the real geniuses of our instrument and a gem of a person: Jimmie Crawford.

you can't go wrong here folks!

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2023 8:48 am    

I wish you the best with your sale Scott! This is a beautiful guitar with tone to the bone and as you said, easily modified to one's liking. Having worked along side of Jimmie for five years, I can vouch for his meticulous nature and attention to detail that only a handful of builders possess or possessed. Sad

There are a few great guitars out there but it's hard to imagine anything being better than this jewel!

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2023 10:56 am    

much appreciated Buck! no one knows these guitars better than you sir... how blessed you are to have spent those years working with Jimmie. I know you have some great memories and stories you could tell!

incidentally, I've tried to reach Elsie Crawford a couple times in the past month or so without any luck. does anyone know how she's doing?

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2023 11:20 am    

Wow, Scott - it's lovely!

There are two steel speaking very loudly to me at present: this beauty and the D10 Zum Hybrid.

Right now, I'm immersed in D13th and any mention of 'yet another (???) guitar' would be met with stubborn resistance from Mrs. Rettig.

I love the fact this is loaded! That underside is a work of art. Jimmie was amazing - as a builder, as a player and as a human being.
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2023 11:32 am    

Superb instrument.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2023 3:45 pm    

plenty of interest but no takers yet

$4800 or best offer

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2023 9:19 am    

Sent a PM

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
Alex Formento

Boston, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2023 7:20 am    

Pm sent
Roger Rettig

Naples, FL
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2023 7:33 am    

Someone PLEASE take temptation away and buy this beautiful guitar.

Things are more fraught than ever in Rettig Towers since we learned that our HOA is leaping upwards in '24 (thanks to FL insurance rates!) and I daren't even mention that 'great steel that's on the Forum now...'

Jimmie's guitars were a personal project for him and there was no greater perfectionist in the field.

You can't do better than to make a transaction with Scott, either. He's one of the really good guys.
scott murray

Asheville, NC
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2023 11:23 am    

it looks like we have a winner! Cool

much appreciated, Roger and right back at'cha Winking

The Green Mountain State
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2023 5:39 am    

Alright Scott!
Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2023 6:15 am    

My feelings are mixed ... relief that the temptation has been removed, and angst that the temptation has been removed Confused
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Justin Shaw

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2023 6:57 am    

I would have been all over this but it simply wasn't in the budget Shocked