| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PSA about DV Mark Jazz 12
Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2023 6:59 am    

I own one of these. It's my second go round: I sold my first when I went to the Quilter TB202 in a blockdock. Moved on from the Quilter so I picked up one of these again when it turned up at a great price. It's extremely light (18lbs) and an excellent amp for bedroom or low volume rehearsing. Acceptable for small room gigs. I happened to replace the stock neo speaker with a Warehouse (12" G12C/S). The amp was only 18 lbs with the neo, so the speaker swap still left the amp a mere 23 lbs or so. With the WGS it is a very good sounding steel amp.

I saw yesterday that Guitar Canter is blowing these out at $260 (with free shipping). That's less than what they are asking for some in their used inventory. This is not a be-all-end-all, only-one-you'd-ever-need amp, but at $260 its a great, super light-weight deal.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/DV-Mark/DV-Jazz-12-45-Watt-1x12-Jazz-Combo-1393862837098.gc

FWIW.
Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2023 7:01 am    

I just noticed that it is listed as back ordered. Weird: I assumed they were getting rid of stock. Hmmmmm.
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2023 4:18 am    

I considered buying one of these a few years ago to supplement my Jazz guitar itch for archtop guitars. I ended up going back to my acoustic amps. I never considered it for steel. My concern was the power. They seem to have fallen out of favor with Henriksen amps offering a smaller lighter and more powerful amp. Quilter also got some attention with the Micropro 8 combo. I bought the Micropro mach 2 12 inch combo and it has the size and power but not the tone I favored.
Dave Stagner

Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2023 12:33 pm    

I've had the 8" "Little Jazz" version for years. It's a killer little amp, and pretty good with pedal steel! I find it a little dark for my taste in electric guitar, but if you like that old Polytone vibe, it's great.

Its best use has actually been as a recording bass amp. I've done a lot of recording with a bass player who LOVED it. He'd play through it and I'd take the DI out to the interface, so we didn't have issues with mic bleed or interface delay.

1967 ZB D-10
1990 OMI Dobro
Recording King lap steel with Certano benders