| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Some western swing on the 12 string D13 tuning
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2023 7:05 am    

My second attempt at recording a song using the D13 tuning on my sierra S-12. This is adapted from the Ray Price sings Bob Will album. I used the ToneX Pedal for both the steel and guitar parts this time. The fiddle is from RealBand and the the piano was programmed in EZKeys.

You Don't Care What Happens To Me!

Rhythm track is located here:

https://www.gregcutshaw.com/Sierra%20Single%2012%20D13%20Keyless/Sierra%20Single%2012%20D13%20Keyless.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2023 7:31 am    

Very nice job Greg.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Ken Pippus

Langford, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2023 9:48 am    

Really enjoyed that. Great sound.
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2023 10:17 am    

Thanks and Kudos to Jimmy Day for showing us how to squeeze every ounce of western swing and feeling out of all those songs on that RP album.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2023 2:29 pm    

Love that tone Greg. Great job.
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2023 5:21 pm    

Thanks Larry. I like the sounds I am getting out of the ToneX pedal better than any of my amps including the Fender Steel King, Nashville 400, Fractal Axe 3 and the Quilter Travis Toy 15. The same exact tone is there no matter where I play or record in both the headphones and speakers. It's set on "Fender Twin" but to my ears doesn't sound like that at all. Sounds more like a Webb 6-14E with the steel and a Fender Princeton with the guitar. The reverb is set on plate with a long decay which comes out as more of a hall reverb. The tone adjustments are quick and versatile.