| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mid-sixties Epiphone Galaxy EA-33RVT tube amp
Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2023 3:33 pm    

Does anyone have any experience with these things?

If so, what's your impression? The controls on the front panel are labeled Loudness, Reverberation, and Tremolo. The one on the far right is a rotary on/off switch. All tube, probably about 10-watts, with a 10" speaker. No tone control(s).
Noah Miller

Rocky Hill, CT
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2023 4:02 pm    

I had the Gibson equivalent. Nice for a small combo, light weight, basically a practice amp with tremolo and reverb. Not the widest range of sounds, but that's not really why anyone would buy it.
Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2023 5:18 pm    

Noah Miller wrote:
I had the Gibson equivalent. Nice for a small combo, light weight, basically a practice amp with tremolo and reverb. Not the widest range of sounds, but that's not really why anyone would buy it.

Thanks for your reply, Noah. Pretty much what I was looking for was a small tube amp with tremolo; the reverb is a bonus. I bought it because it was ultra clean, and dead-stock original. Even has its original naugahyde amp cover in excellent condition. The thing looks like somebody played it for a year or two in their bedroom, and either gave up or graduated to a bigger amp, and then stuck it in the closet for a half-century or so. It's currently at my tech's for a grounded cable and a checkup. Besides being a nice companion for my '64 Epi Granada, it should be wonderful for recording.