| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Taking a major leap
Mike Wilkerson

Luther Oklahoma
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2023 8:38 am    

Hello forumites hope all is well today and everyone is safe and healthy.
I am taking a leap of faith as I'm fixing to delve into the 12 string side of pedal steel. Ive always been a D-10 player loved what it offered and enjoyed every step of learning this instrument.
I have taken a 5 year hiatus to clear my mind body and soul and just to get back to life so to speak.
Im in the middle of purchasing an S12 MSA classic from forum member Johnie King and I can absolutely tell you friends this guitar is a classic time capsule (I will be posting pics)
After careful study and consideration the tuning I am going to use on this guitar is Zane Becks last tuning he used before he got sick. I have looked at other tunings like the Bb6 and others but Zanes appears to be a more suitable tuning for me with the least amount of pedals and knee levers but I will still be able to pull off some heavy duty chords and arrangements on this tuning.
As always feedback is more than welcome and I would like your opinions and thoughts on me using this tuning.
As a side note I already know there isn't alot of tab or courses on Zanes tuning. However I am confident I will be able to learn this tuning and what it has to offer a player.
Best wishes and God bless. Slim