| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Stranger in Paradise
David Wisson

Bedford, Bedfordshire, England
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2023 12:02 am    

Hi All I recorded this song because the verse is played all on one fret E9th. The chorus I played on C6th. This is one of those songs I got bored of at the end. I added the first bit for Borodin as it was his song before someone nicked it. Dave Very Happy https://soundcloud.com/user-627782904/strangers-in-paradise-mk2
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2023 4:01 pm    

Nice tune and of course excellent recording. Thanks David.
David Wisson

Post  Posted 7 Jul 2023 11:08 pm    

Hi Larry Thank you. That started as a Doodle. for years I would pop of to the music room play the usual set of songs. When my mate Mike retired to Wales. I brought a Focusrite Scarlett and a Reaper Licence. Best thing I ever did. It makes you expand your song horizon and hear what you sound like which is a great learning tool. And its fun. Dave Very Happy
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2023 7:49 am    

That's a scary thought. I have listened back to a few of our practice sessions and it does open the eyes. My 1st thought was we all overplayed our parts and it's too loud. I had a multi track tape recorder back in the 80s and later a Fostex digital. But it was hogging up my playing time. That's why I quit BIAB because I spent more time making and arranging tracks than playing. Things have changed for the better now.
David Wisson

Post  Posted 9 Jul 2023 12:12 am    

Hi Larry I think we all over played. It takes a long time to learn subtle playing. One day I will get it hopefully. I had BIAB from about 2010 but never learned to use it. Just loaded Midi tracks and played along. I search all other avenues before using it. I to would sooner be playing. I do a lot of the track work in Reaper. I turn the tracks to WAV and send them to Reaper as apposed to using the BIAB plug in. I have found it doesn't send a true version. I send the main tracks then go back and generate more tracks using different real tracks. Sometimes changing chords then sort it out in Reaper. Dave Smile
Mark McCornack

California, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2023 1:14 pm    

Great job. That song just BEGS for the steel guitar leading the melody! Nice choice, and nice execution. Smile
David Wisson

Post  Posted 14 Jul 2023 12:15 am    

Hi Mark Thank you. I find it hard to think of songs to play so tend to doodle and see what happens. Now and then I have an inspiration and go with it. Dave Smile